Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2014 California Bluetooth module

P

paulg

VIP Member
Hi all
My California 4 motion auto (2014) needs its Bluetooth module resetting- but I can’t locate it. It’s not under the passenger seat as some YouTube videos have suggested.

We had a flat main battery after not using it much over winter and since starting again, Bluetooth has disappeared from the van.

Any help appreciated!

Paul

Hi Paul
Did you manage to sort your Bluetooth issue out / find the Bluetooth unit?
I have a very similar van to you but with the manual box.
I have had a similar problem except my Bluetooth just, one day, decided to stop working and the phone option on the menu has disappeared completely.

thanks

Matt

Its been a year since OP last logged on. Maybe someone else can assist.

Hi all
My California 4 motion manual (2014) which I think needs its Bluetooth module resetting- but I can’t locate it. It’s not under the passenger seat as some YouTube videos have suggested.

Bluetooth and phone connection has disappeared from the van. The phone setting just doesn’t show any more as an option.

many help would be most appreciated.

thanks

Matt

The Bluetooth module was moved at some point into the media unit.(can’t remember what year that was)
Have you tried a reset of the headunit?
failing that, just disconnect the starter battery for 30 seconds. You’ll need to reset the clock and possibly the one-touch windows, but that’s easy enough.

Mine was under the glovebox - needed to remove it to get to it.

That’s great, thanks.
I’ll try resetting the head unit first and go from there.

Remove the glovebox (it’s very easy, just search google for a video of how to do it) once glovebox has been removed, lift the white padding and you will will find the Bluetooth module sat underneath.

To reset the unit just unplug the long plug that is facing you & then plug it back in.

Video shows you how to reset (located underseat, but same method):

Last edited:
Back