Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Bluetooth Module?

If you go with the genuine vw mic, the it is just a microphone soldered to the end of a wire so will need mounting in some trim (either in the head lining or near the interior light)

looks like you have a third party bt install, or a genuine module with a third party microphone.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

teeboy said:
If you go with the genuine vw mic, the it is just a microphone soldered to the end of a wire so will need mounting in some trim (either in the head lining or near the interior light)

looks like you have a third party bt install, or a genuine module with a third party microphone.

It was fitted to my Cali when I bought it, because the dealer couldn't get it to work the unit ended you FOC. HazzyDayZ found it was defective, so Fiscon replaced it with upgraded unit (at small charge) so win-win for me!

I'm sure these microphone units are fairly cheap, so why stick with one you have to cut the trim for.

Andy

Sorry goldie I missed that in an earlier post you mentioned you had the fiscon unit. I have not fitted one of those, I have only playec with the vw ones.

I have fitted a parrot unit in my other car, it has a similar mic to yours. Works very well.

On the plus side if you fit a fiscon or parrot unit then there is no need to mess about with vcds.

On the down side it doesn't integrate as well with your stereo, but if you have an rcd310 I dont think there is much integration anyway.

The microphone on the fiscon uses a small jack plug to connect to the unit. The OEM mic goes to the BT unit, or to the radio if you want voice control, and connects to the VW plugs.

I've seen several people attempt to connect an OEM mic to fission for better integration but without much success, not seen anyone try to go the other way. The OEM mic is pretty good quality.

I lied the fiscon does need coding. - ignore me I am an idiot.

teeboy said:
I am in kettering (mawsley, but near enough) and have vcds.

I am also a wimp and I have instslled the mic near the interior light, there is a bit of trim you can buy from vw - I have the part number somewhere.

Let me know if you need a hand- a friend of mine has borrowed my cable at the moment but I can grab it back.

Thanks teeboy. I'm pretty close to you and have friends in Broughton just down the road. Cheers for the offer of VCDS help. I'll get the module all ordered and then give you a shout.

I think I might go for the same interior light method you used to start with and see how it goes. I think I've found the part no. on another thread (V7H0-858-122A-Y20). If it doesn't work, then I might have to go back and think about cutting the headlining, but it really does worry me doing that! How did you route the cable up to the light area? Was it fairly easy? Also, where did you actually locate the module? Is there a specific place where it fits or does it just float around behind the radio somewhere?

Mark

Not sure where the V comes into it Mark. Maybe a typo??

7H0-858-122A

Y20 would be the colour.

Back