Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2015 T5.1 California Water / Tap problem

knightons

knightons

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
2015 T5.1 California Water / Tap problem. Does anyone know of someone trusted in the Northampton area that could have a look at/repair my Cali. I've checked the basics (fuse, pump and tap micro switch) and when I looked at the micro switch a piece of metal pinged out and I think that I will need a new tap unit as part of the investigation/repair.

I'd rather not go to the dealer as I'd like to use this as a learning exercise for future repairs... and it's bound to be cheaper.

Can anyone help...?

Thanks in advance

2015 T5.1 California Water / Tap problem. Does anyone know of someone trusted in the Northampton area that could have a look at/repair my Cali. I've checked the basics (fuse, pump and tap micro switch) and when I looked at the micro switch a piece of metal pinged out and I think that I will need a new tap unit as part of the investigation/repair.

I'd rather not go to the dealer as I'd like to use this as a learning exercise for future repairs... and it's bound to be cheaper.

Can anyone help...?

Thanks in advance
Look for a local Caravan/Motorhome Dealer that services said vehicles or a Conversion company. These taps are common to all these vehicles. Also you could buy the replacement tap beforehand. Its a simple system tap & pump. One or other is likely to be at fault and you've lost a part from the tap, so that has to be replaced anyway.
If you can rewire a plug you can replace the tap yourself, likewise the pump. All the information is available on the Forum.

Can anyone help...?

Thanks in advance

That bit is not broken - it pops out. Download and refer to the document here - and watch the related video on how it works. that will help you to put it back together. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/resources/vw-california-t6-tap-microswitch-maintenance-repair.221/

You may need a small piece of sandpaper to clean the tap contacts and the repair is done.