Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink Tap

D

Dill Tart

Dilltart
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
A couple of weeks into our recent trip to Norway the sink tap stopped working. Moving the lever to the vertical position would emit a click (micro switch working) but no water, the shower (same pump) was working.

I found a very useful link on the site to show how to clean the contacts in the microswitch, beginners error, I didn’t put the plug in the sink and the minute spring piece of the micro switch disappeared down the plug hole!

We managed by turning the tap on, removing the lever & pressing the contacts together, a fiddle but it worked for two weeks.

I ordered a new micro switch, & just to be sure, a new tap from the club shop. The old micro switch is almost impossible to remove without damaging the tap, I carefully prised the switch out but half the black base came with it! Result … it was binned along with the new switch.

The new tap was a doddle to fit in 20 minutes, it had the correct electrical terminal already fitted and worked.

Just suggesting that this might be an easier option.

Mines hit and miss. Definitely the micro switch as when it doesn’t work I turn the shower switch on and I water comes out of tap and pump operates. Was going to have a go at cleaning contacts myself. Thanks for the tip with the plug. My Cali is under warranty but can’t be doing with the rigmarole of taking it to dealers for them to take a month ( if I’m lucky) from diagnosing to fixing the problem. Although if cleaning the micro switch doesn’t do the job 100% then I’ll go down the dealer route but choose my VW dealer carefully………