Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 3x Split Worktop Protector Kit

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
As some of you maybe aware, we have been supplying frosted and coloured vinyl worktop protectors for some time now and have recently received a number of requests for triple worktop protectors for the new model kitchen from the UK and other countries.

Our local dealers demonstrator (Heritage Bristol) doesn't have the new kitchen so cannot get the measurements from them yet, does anyone have the new model that could help provide the widths of each of the 3 glass tops? There is a free kit for you if you can be a guinea pig.

Alternatively there maybe a new model at Bus Fest that I can measure up from, but that is a few weeks away.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Hello andrew, i have the new 2018 ocean, will measure tomorrow an mail you, no no problem Regards from the netherlands, frank

Hi Andrew,
I'll have mine on the 6th September, so will wait in line - very happy to be a guinea pig for you!
Mark

Many thanks Frank. Are those 49.5, 50.0 and 30.6mm measurements from edge to edge of the glass? The protectors need to be made slightly undersize to avoid peel and paper cuts to fingers.

I will hopefully get a prototype made to these dimensions and get a trial fit sorted in the next week or two.

Thanks again,

Andrew.

nice wheels sheene ..... even better black x

Thanks, i thought keep it simple stupid The oem vw steel rims, black matt powdercoated together with all weather tyres.

Really pleased to see that you are working on this new 3 way split lids as we pick our Cali up hopefully next week and having been looking at previous thread and was wanting to get a protector done. Only problem now is what colour! I look forward to hearing once ready

As some of you maybe aware, we have been supplying frosted and coloured vinyl worktop protectors for some time now and have recently received a number of requests for triple worktop protectors for the new model kitchen from the UK and other countries.

Our local dealers demonstrator (Heritage Bristol) doesn't have the new kitchen so cannot get the measurements from them yet, does anyone have the new model that could help provide the widths of each of the 3 glass tops? There is a free kit for you if you can be a guinea pig.

Alternatively there maybe a new model at Bus Fest that I can measure up from, but that is a few weeks away.

Many thanks,

Andrew.
Andrew, I would love to purchase the protectors for my 2015 T5 Cali please.

I may be interested in protectors for the 3-piece worktop as my new Ocean arrives in a week or so.

Andrew, I would love to purchase the protectors for my 2015 T5 Cali please.
Hi Shudycamps

As you are not a VIP member I cannot contact you via PM regarding a kit for your 2015 California, therefore, please feel free to text me on 07737385962 or email: ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks,

Andrew.

Any news on the table protectors please?

How did the proto type fit go at the weekend for the new 3 split tops, just picked our girl up from the dealer at the weekend and would like to get something on them as soon as possible. Thanks

Unfortunately I was hoping to trial dry fit them on a new California at Van Fest on the weekend but all the newish ones in the trade area had the older twin worktops.

A member on here may be getting a new T6 in the next week or two, so hope to use him as a guinea pig.

I will update the forum thread asap.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Andrew, I'll be your guinea pig if you're in need?!

My children like to use the surface on my 5 day old Ocean to run hot wheels cars on!

Where are you based Andrew as we too have a new split worktop on our T6, hence the query as to how you got on. Picked it up 2/9 and been away for the week, wanting to protect ASAP

I'm also keen to get a set as my new Cali arrives this week or early next week.

Update

Thanks for offers of being Guinea Pigs for this new protector kit. We are in Bristol, so looking for someone close to avoid posting trial prototypes etc. SimonB may be able to help soon, so watch this space for an update in the next week or two.

Sorry for the delay with these.

Andrew.

Update

I am meeting Simon in the next day or two to get some measurements for the triple kit, so should be getting an instruction to the manufacturer to produce a batch of these next week.

I will be taking orders / payments for kits next week, so check back soon.

Thanks,

Andrew.

brilliant news, will we be able to have a coloured one? Another decision to be made if so :)

Update: 3x Split worktop protectors ready to order!

I now have the measurements of the revised worktops, so will place an order to the manufacturer in the morning. Many thanks to SimonB for letting me spend an hour taking the dimensions from their lovely new California this evening.

If you would like to reserve a kit, please let us know and I will get the postage labels ready etc.

Frosted £26.95
Special order colours £31.95 (Approx 2 weeks)

You can contact us via private message via the forum, email to ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk or text to 07737385962.

Thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

Last edited:
Is this email address correct as my email has bounced back?

Back