Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2022 T6.1 Ocean Fuel Consumption

I would say your consumption is kinda high.

My 204hp 4motion does between 35-40mpg, but that is in the Netherlands with lots of motorways and no hills.
I think most people take it as read that the Netherlands journeys will not contain hills.

I think most people take it as read that the Netherlands journeys will not contain hills.

8e54a563073d9e32f51946d5f94a2bed.jpg

The Netherlands’ highest hill, Vaalserberg (though it is also in Germany and Belgium as the summit is the tripoint of all three countries).

I'd walk if I needed to - one fan cycles to every game & has done for the last couple of seasons to raise money for charity.

We are under no illusion this season was always going to be a difficult one.
We've spent £17m on players, previously we've never spent more than £1.4m in a season. The other £160m premier league money has gone in the bank to pay for the new stadium.

It's a calculated risk - spend little on players or gamble like Forrest did last year & spend £200m on players with no guarantee that it will keep you up. When you look at the likes of Chelsea borrowing an extra £800million we really are in a different league financially.
The new stadium will be great for Luton. Brentford’s new ground is fantastic and a boost for the local area. Looks like we may be rivals this season, but there only needs to be three worse performing teams :)

Well.. we have some elevation in our area, up to 100 meters above sea level, we live at 10m. ;-)
That would be a bump in the road then friend, not a hill, by any stretch.

The Nederlands are famous in Europe as being flatter than a witch's tit.

My California has now done 12000 miles and has just returned an average 37 mpg on a trip to the Scottish Highlands and 36 mpg on a trip to Southwold, so i guess im happy now with the fuel consumption.
My T6 seemed up improve over about 12k.

Just completed two return journeys that returned over 40 mpg according to the on board gauge, later verified by refueling and total distance travelled on that tank full. First journey was Gloucester to Bristol return (computer average 41.2 mpg) and the second Gloucester to Weston S Mare return which came out as 41.8 mpg. The full tank averaged 38.2 mpg. T6 150DSG LWB High Top.

My 150ps Ocean has just clocked up its first 1,000 miles. It had 700 on the clock when I collected it last week.

A run to North Yorkshire up the A1 and back the next day, very windy and cold weather. It averaged 41mpg and I was driving 70mph most of the way. Two up, all our gear in the van.

I’ll take that.

A local run of 30 miles the previous day on a variety of road types got 32mpg, starting with a cold engine.

My Tiguan has the same engine (albeit 190ps) and it improved with age. On a run, after 35k miles on the clock it can easily beat 50mpg. The Ocean will never do that but at a similar mileage the Tiguan wasn’t any better. I’m also curious as to, like the Tiguan, consumption improves in warmer weather…

I’ve got standard 18” wheels on the Ocean, similar size on the Tiguan.

My diesel MG ZT Diesel (BMW Powerplant) always gave better mpg in warmer weather,
in warm weather in early September I averaged 42mpg in my DSG 150 Ocean both on the way down to, and back from Angouleme in France. Sat at motorway speeds (70ish). Now the colder weather is here I’m more like 35-38 on long runs.

Last edited: