Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

204 only. Egr cooler…..again

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
At the risk of kicking this off again, is there a from date that this issue is fixed?

Looking at a 21 plate unit. 11k.

At the risk of kicking this off again, is there a from date that this issue is fixed?

Looking at a 21 plate unit. 11k.
Heading over to the dark side?

Heading over to the dark side?
Strongly considering it yes. I just need to understand if this issue in now fixed and from what date?
I’ve done all of the doom scrolling I can take, I just need a yes or no from an expert.

Strongly considering it yes. I just need to understand if this issue in now fixed and from what date?
I’ve done all of the doom scrolling I can take, I just need a yes or no from an expert.
Sorry can't help with that. Perhaps @Loz Knows?

No.
Basically because no one knows or is saying why a minority , and no matter what people say it is a minority compared to the number produced, suffer this internal corrosion.

Less that a year ago when I looked at buying my 2023 California I was advised by the (almost) local to me the biggest European California dealer that: "still today, one EGR is much better that two... get 150hp 4Mo." And I did. Along with the second advise.... get Coast equipped like Ocean so You can skip hydraulic roof and prone to break-ins sliding door small window" I did that too. The dealer and I have 12 years relationship around previous T4 VR6 camper van.

Less that a year ago when I looked at buying my 2023 California I was advised by the (almost) local to me the biggest European California dealer that: "still today, one EGR is much better that two... get 150hp 4Mo." And I did. Along with the second advise.... get Coast equipped like Ocean so You can skip hydraulic roof and prone to break-ins sliding door small window" I did that too. The dealer and I have 12 years relationship around previous T4 VR6 camper van.
Seeing as the 204 only has 1 EGR valve and cooler, I’m not sure what you mean.

Second turbo only cuts in at high revs so if you don’t drive like a teenager the egr may clog. 150 for the win.

Back