Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EGR cooler

smgcowfold said:
Sounds like technical are doing online diagnosis remotely to look at MVB's and see if they can see something.

Hope they get it sorted out soon for you.

cheers

Yep, something like that!
Sounds odd but I'm really missing our van now. :cry:

So 2 new EGR valves, a whole wiring loom and still no luck.
So a new ECU is being ordered; another week at least.

I am SO glad it was just under warranty!

Well it sounds like it was the ECU after all.
New one has arrived, all testing fine.
We also have the bonus of the newer (much better) EGR valve too.

Should get it back on Friday...

New ECU fitted, was about to pick it up, it misfired/stuttered while being tested... :headbang

So still no van for us. :cry:

I don't think it wants to go home with you! :sad

It was fine before they started "fixing" it - no van again (we needed it this weekend), no returned calls from Carrs, no idea what's happening.

:headbang :cry: :headbang

Hope you did not buy Tesco's fuel from Bournemouth

Its very disturbing when even VW dealers can't fix your problems.
What would Wonga have charged you for ÂŁ50k for the time they have had your Cali?
You must be really :headbang. Hope it's fixed soon so you can use your Cali for what what you purchased it for.

snowy55 said:
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11497526.___Poor____response_over_Tesco_fuel_fiasco/

You mean this.

We live just down the road from that Tesco garage. I filled up the car the day before the story broke, luckily with petrol. The Cali didn't need any fuel.

Looks like they are digging out the tanks a replacing them. Coming on top of financial miss deeds and mothballing new stores (today's Guardian), Tescos are not having a happy time at the moment.

Alan

Unless they've taken it there on a jolly (!), it should have been fuelled up in Cornwall.

Went to Bodmin Moor today in the courtesy Golf (which many neighbours think is our new car!) and REALLY missed the Cali. WE WANT IT BACK!

Ops they are having some bad hands, deservedly or not. What are peoples views on supermarket fuel, does the Cali run better on other brands. And could the supermarket fuel be causing more problems to parts ie like the EGR

The problem with supermarket fuels is that it is not consistent, they buy it on the open market in Holland as cheaply as possible so the quality varies.
The main brands are undoubtabley more reliable and do have additives that will give longer life to an engine and possibly slightly better performance.
If I was running an old vehicle then I would go for the cheapest but not with a new one.
A couple of years ago we were running a diesel Bongo and had consistently filled up at Morrisons while in Scotland. The Bongo went into limp mode for a couple of hundred miles until we filled up with Shell, left it overnight and then performed fine. Turned out the turbo had overheated due to the low quality fuel and made it go into limp mode.

A quick confirmation; I don't use supermarket fuel and nor does that dealer!!
Another update; more EGR fault codes being thrown up :headbang

This must be pushing your product loyalty to the limit, makes roof issues look insignificant. :censor

Meoncoast said:
This must be pushing your product loyalty to the limit, makes roof issues look insignificant. :censor

I will be pushing hard for something (getting there) but it's under negotiation.

They're trying one more possible fix which sounds highly unlikely to sort it then they're stumped.
We have one of four in the UK with the "same" issue; apparently there are many more in Germany where they will be in touch to try and get a solution.
Probably another month or so without our Cali (AND I left my veg peeler and best bottle opener in it...).

Going to push for a better courtesy vehicle and run top at speed into a brick wall.

is that 1 in 4 of the uk t5's or Californias (edit sorry for typo ---- my ? was more meant to be what are the other 3 van with problems in uk)

Wow I read it as you were 1 of 4 in uk, but 25% of the 180 engines, with this problem would be a large amount of vehicles affected,

It reads that he and three other vehicles in the country have the same fault. Not 1 in 4 vehicles in the country are affected.

cheers

I doubt you ever will but it would be nice to know some stats on that -

Assuming they are all 180's.

Are all 4 vans of a similar age (Chassis/Engine No.)?
Do they all have the same SW version of the ECU?
Are all 4 vans of a similar mileage?
Manual or Auto - All the same??
If they are not all California - What are they?
Is there a common link with fuel used?
Have all 4 vans been serviced in the main dealer network?
What oil has been used when servicing and topping up?
What parts of the UK are they in?

Why so many more in Germany, greater volume of sales or some other link?

I would suggest they have a word with Oli and get hold of a Cali for you if they can't source one themselves. :thumb

I'll try and find out answers to those questions if I can!

So annoying that we've just missed the best September on record (for weather) with our broken Cali too.

I'm getting a call back from VW care by 12pm tomorrow regarding a suitable courtesy car/van and have also spoken to the dealer Group Director who has offered assistance if needed.

We'll get there; it's just time consuming a rather stressful.

Back