Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EGR cooler

KernowLad said:
Meoncoast said:
This must be pushing your product loyalty to the limit, makes roof issues look insignificant. :censor

I will be pushing hard for something (getting there) but it's under negotiation.

God I hate this sort of compensation attitude, it sounds like to me that you are actually enjoying this sort of conflict,I can't bear reading your post anymore it's torture !!!

What a bizarre and needlessly offensive post.

There must be something about Northampton that makes people go a bit mad? You and spanners; are you the same person?

So long strange bloke.
Edit; what happened to you gasgas? We seemed to get along fine, exchanged chat about Spain, you bought the same car, etc then suddenly turned into a psychotic troll. Very strange.

I am with Gasgas on this. OMG I was born in Northampton so likely you will think I am infected with strangeness as well.

Having run my firm for over 30 years, I have seen a minority of the public develop this measly compensation and want want attitude.

Kernow, your Cali broke and is being repaired under warranty and you have a courtesy car. Why on earth would you be looking for any other compensation let alone giving people at the garage grief...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For once, I tend to agree with Kerno on this one. I'm in Northamptonshire and I've been blocking his posts for ages.

If they have had the ECU out and the wiring apart, could be a chance that a pin has been opened up and causing the issue.

good luck

Gasgas said:
KernowLad said:
Meoncoast said:
This must be pushing your product loyalty to the limit, makes roof issues look insignificant. :censor

I will be pushing hard for something (getting there) but it's under negotiation.

God I hate this sort of compensation attitude, it sounds like to me that you are actually enjoying this sort of conflict,I can't bear reading your post anymore it's torture !!!

Linking up a few different things I have read from the OP (and I may of course be wrong) but I think rather than seeking direct monetary compensation he is seeking to have some level of extension to his current, about to expire, New Vehicle Warranty.

Nothing wrong with that IMHO and I'd be surprised under the circumstances if most people weren't thinking along the same lines.

Another hater putting his oar in.

I'm being perfectly reasonable actually. Our expensive van has broken; this can happen but doesn't usually take over two months to fix. The Golf isn't big enough to do the job of a van, we've just missed out on a cracking month of camping. And the "warranty" I looked into is a joke. Plus I've not been called when promised several times.

Sorry Bern, gas and Spanners but I'm utterly sick of your constant sniping at me; I suggest (like I did to Spanners) that you ignore all my posts and I'll ignore yours. The three of you "follow" me around adding nothing but some sort of twisted bitterness. It's completely bizarre. I personally think you should all be suspended from here at the very least.

My grandparents has a cottage in Northants- it was rather lovely actually.

Alex; thanks for that. I will suggest it as a possible cause.

Kernow, we are all entitled to our opinion and I think you will find that I have never posted anything offensive about you or to you. I have however taken issue with you and tried to give you advice on how to get on better with the members here.

When my cali was in the garage for about two months having various warranty work done in late 2012 I even turned down their offer of a courtesy T5 van because I had another car I could get about in. I did not fancy a commercial van and just because I was entitled did not mean I had to have it.

The fact they have provided you with a Golf is I would have thought more than reasonable. It's unrealistic to expect VW to provide a like for like courtesy Cali for every Cali that goes in for warranty work.

You just need to calm down a little and as I have said stop the big I am and look what I have got and then people won't get riled and have a pop at you.

BerndRos said:
It's unrealistic to expect VW to provide a like for like courtesy Cali for every Cali that goes in for warranty work.

No it isn't.

If the vehicle goes in for routine servicing then it is somewhat expected that you gratefully accept anything they can help you with. However for warranty cases, and especially those protracted ones such as that being discussed here then it is not at all unreasonable.

If it was unreasonable why would VW have registered a number of Cali's for the roof repair loaners.

If you don't need the use of a Cali and are willing to accept something different then so be it but as the OP has stated he has missed out on some holiday time which is primarily the reason we all own these vehicles.

But, the point is that when his Cali went in they had no idea this would become so protracted.

It's one of those 'chicken and egg' situations that are as old as time itself. Hindsight is wonderful thing.

BerndRos said:
But, the point is that when his Cali went in they had no idea this would become so protracted.

It's one of those 'chicken and egg' situations that are as old as time itself. Hindsight is wonderful thing.

I agree, and the OP didn't ask for a Cali when it first went in, he took the car they offered him.

When you have a £50/60k Merc or a BMW etc you don't drop it off and climb into a 1 Series or an A Class.

The bottom line is a number of you are berating him for his request to be treated with respect (returned calls & like for like vehicle), to be compensated for his loss and to afford some comfort should his vehicle develop faults in the future. That is not right, regardless of what previous arguments you've had.

Cheers Stu.
I have actually told them I'd be happy with an estate car, big 4x4, any van with 4 seats. I'm not in any way demanding a Cali ONLY. Just something that fits our things inside.

Bern; what is this big I am thing? You keep mentioning it. Now find an example or just leave off. You constantly call me up on the most trivial of things. We own a Cali, just like you. We have holidays in it just like you. We're quite active and use the Cali to help pursue these sports; possibly not like you. Does it really matter that much to you?

I can't ever see myself pulling up anyone on here in the way you do with me. It's beyond bizarre. If you're so affronted, don't read my posts. New members must see yours and gas gas (and spanners) posts and think "what an unfriendly bunch" - there's no need for it. Just lay off.

BerndRos said:
I am with Gasgas on this. OMG I was born in Northampton so likely you will think I am infected with strangeness as well.

Is this what you think all of us look like in Northnaptonshire?

colo-2.jpg

Fairly encouraging sounding "fix" coming from Germany in the form of a software update. Being done this week; it might possibly be done by the weekend...

It's all very bizarre though.

The guys I'm now in touch with at the dealers and VWCC are definitely being very helpful.

Well we now have two courtesy cars! The Golf and now a rather swish Passat Estate. One is the dealers, one is the CW "mobility" company.
Ideal for a work trip to London tomorrow and keeping the miles off our car (and using cars with good mpg) certainly is useful.

I guess the Golf will be collected soon!

If testing goes well, we should have it back on Monday…

I'm not holding my breath but I can't wait to get my favourite veg peeler, bottle opener and kitchen knife back - been without them for six weeks now… :cry:

Fingers crossed for you, don't think I could survive 6 weeks without a bottle opener!

Are you sure the delay hasn't been caused by programming in the DSG box. :laugh2

Sorry, didn't really mean it. Hope everything works out well, and no more problems. :hello

WelshGas said:
Are you sure the delay hasn't been caused by programming in the DSG box. :laugh2

Sorry, didn't really mean it. Hope everything works out well, and no more problems. :hello

It's having a proper valet at a place nearish the dealer. I've used them twice before and they are brilliant - so an extra half a day seemed worth it.

If everything is okay, we'll actually be pretty happy customers after some nice goodwill offers.

It's back, it's clean (well it was until I drove it home in a monsoon), it works!

Looks like it was a software update after all. Sounds like all Calis should be having it as it's literally just been released....

Oh well, a new improved EGR valve and ECU might be handy... And a few more bits...

Back