Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EGR cooler

snowy55 said:
That's great news :D
Where's your first trip?

First cup of tea made on the beach.
It's SO nice to have it back. They machine polished it too so it's gleaming!

snowy55 said:
Sounds good.

Cheers snowy - nice to see at least one person with positive comments (ahem, Freeley - is that really necessary?).

Not sure about the first trip but I'm sure we'll use it locally(ish) in half term.

Just got my Cali back after replacement of EGR valve.... Was the source of my orange engine light I asked about couple of months ago...... But not got round to fixing as the van was parked up. Mine is the 180 4motion 2011 MY same as Kernowlad..... So Edinburgh van centre put in a new one and updated software. Bad news cost£1k, good news I had taken out a warrantywise 3 y warranty and they are paying out! :D

A bizarre coincidence!
Mine was just in warranty.
I now have a year's extended "proper" (not the insured version) warranty for another year. FOC. And two years VW Assist. FOC.

A coincidence or a batch of bad valves fitted to out model van? I have only done 20k miles...

greenfintry said:
A coincidence or a batch of bad valves fitted to out model van? I have only done 20k miles...

21k on ours, same age.
They replaced 2 EGR valves and the ECU then it turned out to be just the software update. A LOT of faff for an incorrect diagnosis.
Apparently only four other vans in the UK had the same issue - a lot more overseas.

Back