Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2seat bench in a beach

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I've decided that we go for a beach definitely.
Though looking into 2 and 3 seat bench options. It is just 2 of us and we need lots of space for packing bicycles, boat etc :) Might be lighter and easier to move/remove 2 seat bench as well.
My question is. Can 2 seat bench be mounted closer to a left side? Leaving a narrow passage to the back from the right side door? So far I see it is mounted same way as comfort version with a kitchen.
Also any info on that extra box that comes with a 2seat bench in that empty space? Is it practical? I see you can get it optionally for a T6.

Hi,

The 2 seater bench will be lighter than the 3 seater but it’s still a very heavy and difficult thing to remove. Defiantly a 2 person job and not something I would want to do on a regular basis. I also doubt if it could be shifted over to the left hand side set of rails. Something on the base or seat back will probably foul the side trim. Is there a particular reason why you want a long loading area on the sliding door(right) side rather than on the left side? If you don’t want to sleep ‘downstairs’ how about removing the seat completely and putting a couple of the single seats in instead? These are easier to take in and out, just about possible to do by yourself.

A road bike with the front wheel removed will fit sideways sitting on top of the multiflex board. Another option is to slide the bench seat forward and then a single road bike will fit (lengthwise) underneath the multiflex board. With mountain bikes I have always used a bike rack.

What sort of boat are you trying to get inside? Windsurfers up to around 2.5m will fit. Fold the seat down as if you are making the bed, put a protective cover over the whole ‘bed’ and then the boards will just sit on top with the nose poking between the front 2 seats. I get an old Skate 112 and a JP FSW 84 in this way + all the sails booms masts etc.

As for the storage box I have replaced it with a kitchen pod so not much experience of using it. It’s a reasonable size though. The top hinges open to access.

Back