Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4-motion engine protection

I'm going to go for the 4mm aluminium when I do it.
I've seen these on a Cali with VB air (whichwe have) and they fitted without any problems.
I don't think it would be a difficult DIY job provided you have good access to the underside on a ramp or pit. Wouldn't try it without.

Does anyone if these skid plates, especially the one protecting engine and gearbox, would have to be removed for servicing in the garage? E.g. for oil changes etc?

Does anyone if these skid plates, especially the one protecting engine and gearbox, would have to be removed for servicing in the garage? E.g. for oil changes etc?
Yes, they need to be removed if you need to access the underside of the motor (e.g. oil change).

Ordered the full 6mm 4 pieces kit from Rival today. :)
I will try to install it myself.. if I fail I'll ask a garage.

I've installed by my own the 4 pieces Rival skid plates and it's not difficult providing you have an elevator or a pit.

Engine, fuel deposit, exhaust and diff.

IMG_20170513_231014.jpg

IMG_20170513_225102.jpg

IMG_20170513_222958.jpg

IMG_20170513_214933.jpg

Thank you so much for these pictures. Did you have to drill any holes? Do you need to remove existing plastic protection somewhere? I've asked for instructions, but they haven't answered that.
My kit is on its way..

Nope.... no holes. You can leave the plastic protector.

Ok thanks so what are the bolts attaching to then? Did VW provide fixation points?

Quick question for those in the know. So I currently have a t5 2014 mulitvan that has the oem plastic underbody protection option, and I have a brand new t6 California about to arrive, which does not. Can I swap that over from one to the other, and how much hassle would it be? (I'm fairly mechanically minded)

Thanks!

Quick question for those in the know. So I currently have a t5 2014 mulitvan that has the oem plastic underbody protection option, and I have a brand new t6 California about to arrive, which does not. Can I swap that over from one to the other, and how much hassle would it be? (I'm fairly mechanically minded)

Thanks!
I’d bet on yes. Just a few bolts.

Back