5 star bodyshop required. Bournemouth / Poole

vwanorak

vwanorak

Aircooled at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Just been rear-ended in the Cali!!!! :evil:

No one hurt - but my bus which I have cherished from new now needs a new rear bumper and tailgate at least.

Our local VW Van Centre doesn’t have a bodyshop and I want the job doing to the highest standard with genuine VW parts.

Breeze VW recommended Poole Accident Repair Centre, who are not working today, but if the website is anything to go by, are a decent operation.

Does anyone have any strong recommendations in this part of the world? Ideally somwhere that can give me a Cali or Caravelle as a Courtesy vehicle, as we have a family trip up North planned for next weekend.

Cheers

Andy

Sorry to hear that andy :cry: I think Alex at smg put custard onto a decent body shop
Not sure how far it is from you. Just an idea :thumb hope it gets sorted soon :thumb

Sorry to hear re your rear ender

I bought our Cali from Herritage in Dorchester and although I have not used them they I think have their own VW bodyshop no too far from you might be worth checking out

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad everyone is okay.

If it is a rear end shunt - then the other driver will be at fault? If so it is his insurance company that have to provide the courtesy car and you can demand a California (like for like vehicle). i didn't initially but after some vocal support from the forum I did and was provided with a White Cali. Like you we were due to go away and it was already planned so we needed a Cali.

I used

Motorcare Bodyshop
Unit 20 Decimus Park,
Kingstanding Way,
Tunbridge Wells,
Kent
TN2 3GP

01892 517298

The work looks amazing but for me it was the customer service. They were polite, and when I took my van to them they did a estimate and went through what was involved. They were also happy to have the van and do the required chasing of the other drivers' insurance company and make sure all the paperwork was done. During the whole process I got update phonecalls and any questions were answered and reassurance offered.

I can't recommend them enough. They may a bit of a distance for you but really, very impressed.

James

HY09UMU said:
Sorry to hear re your rear ender

I bought our Cali from Herritage in Dorchester and although I have not used them they I think have their own VW bodyshop no too far from you might be worth checking out
they did my caddie van there complete side of van top work .i am fussy . :cool

Thanks for the responses.

So here is the damage....

image.jpg

Fortunately only the bumper and tailgate will need replacing, the rear quarters are undamaged, so it will be straight "bolt-on panel" swaps, so no nasty filler anywhere.

Deffo worth making a full check of panel gaps down both sides, roof mech, tail gate hinges, spare wheel carrier and the reinforcing panels behind the bumper. Check the rear wheel alinement too and that the water tanks are ships shape. Don't assume that the exterior damage is the full extent and be mega fussy.

Seb

Ouch!!

Wife gouged the side of ours. Even my nerdy detailing eyes can't tell the difference between it and new now.

I called my local VW dealer and asked who they used. Cost less than expected.

Just dropped off at Poole Accident Repair: vw, audi and porsche approved body shop. Hope to be able to report back positive things on their service / skills!

Andy

Hi all,

just joined this group this week and have read with interest the posts on bodywork and accident related topics. My angle is that I'm a Vehicle Damage Assessor working at a VW, Audi, and Porsche approved bodyshop in Sleaford, Lincolnshire. I know we are well out of the area to help Andy in Bournmouth and it looks like he's sorted now anyway, but if I could be of any assistance in the future, I'm only too happy to help.

Took delivery of my new California this week and loving it !!

regards, Dave.

Finally got my bus back this afternoon.

It took a while longer than I had hoped, but I am very happy with the job!

Andy

good news you have it back and are happy would be nice to add a after photo to your "before" repair photo

Back to normal and back on my drive! :D

803e973b2d4af6886c215a8d43e9838e.jpg

look a great job