Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

63k and roof not shut right

They need to check the list price of a brand new one too!

They have and know that you won’t get one for 6 months if you order now.
Well you can't go anywhere for 5 months, so I know what I'd do.
Edit - the lead time isn't unusual for a new one. Dealers thinking they can ask more than list for a 2nd hand one (without basics such as privacy glass) is unusual.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Wow ordered mine new from them for less

I didn't think Oxford (Didcot) were a Cali dealer? Might explain the roof issue, if they do not normally deal in Cali's.

I can see what has happened here; the roof mattress is still in its plastic and not attached by the Velcro and has slid down whilst the bed was up and then pulled down without pulling the mattress forward again and this is holding the roof up.
Fortunately that does not damage the roof.

I seen one like that at Clark Commercials in Edinburgh last year (red/ white two tone Ocean). It sat like that for weeks, perhaps it was slightly buckled out of shape. They were looking top dollar for it too.

Clarks are supposedly experts in Calis and usually carry a stock of 4 or 5, so no excuses for not understanding the roof’s workings.

When I collected my van after being serviced from Cowfold the roof canvas was poking out the front; No one is perfect, every dealer has their bad days!

When I collected my van after being serviced from Cowfold the roof canvas was poking out the front; No one is perfect, every dealer has their bad days!
I just liked how they brag in their advert of being experts. And then post up photos like that without spotting it. 63k too. I've given up on vw dealer experts long ago. I'd rather let my mother change the oil on mine than some of those morons.

Back