Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

680 solar not working?

Yes it was updated by vw
Hi markicp, do you know what update they make? Which part they updeted? I have same issue on my Grand Cali, take her to the VW and the told me, there is nothing to update on solar panel system. Thanks

Sorry can’t help it was a couple of years ago when they done the update, it also had a new control panel so not sure what fixed our issue

The solar system works independently of the control panel and consists of 2 parts - the solar panel itself and the MPPT controller. I have not heard of any updates to the MPPT controller and as it is not connected to any VW data wiring so any such updates (if possible) would have to be done directly on the unit. The MPPT controller is made by Votronic and is in the back of the utility cupboard. You should see some lights on it the meaning of which is described in the manual which can be downloaded. The control panel does show the battery charging & discharging status and if that is not showing the right readings it's worth trying a power cycle (red switch in utility cupboard) to see if that helps. The red switch does not isolate the MPPT controller which is directly connected to the leisure battery circuit.

Back