Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

7 seats and a parcel shelf

CaliJoe

CaliJoe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I’m picking up 2 extra pilot seats for my T6 beach, and wondering if I should remove the parcel shelf for collection (I have the standard 3 seat bench, and will add in the 2 more seats behind).

i.e. can you fit 7 seats, and the parcel shelf all in at the same time?

thanks

If you fit the two singles behind the bench you cant actually get to them.

If the rails are the same as the ocean you would need to remove the bench first, put the single seats on the rails & then put the bench back in. The seats can only be slide on from the front end of the rails.

Again in an Ocean with the rear shelf in, there is room to fit the single seats in front of the bench but it leaves very little leg room for anyone on the bench. So for transport purposes they would fit, just depends what/who else you have in the van at the same time.

Drop the flap on the multiflex to make it shorter, pull the multiflex as far back as it goes. Lock it in position.
push the beach seat back to the folded multiflex ( as far as the bench will go)

fit the two new seats in the rails behind driver / passenger either front or rear facing works fine.

without wanting to sound rude, do you know how to fit the new seats to the rails ?

Drop the flap on the multiflex to make it shorter, pull the multiflex as far back as it goes. Lock it in position.
push the beach seat back to the folded multiflex ( as far as the bench will go)

fit the two new seats in the rails behind driver / passenger either front or rear facing works fine.

without wanting to sound rude, do you know how to fit the new seats to the rails ?
Thanks. I’ve no experience beyond YouTube, but I’m purchasing them from a VW owner, so we should be fine thank you. Glad to know they will fit. P.s. also aware that if put in the rear they need to be accessed from the boot. I’m not planning to use them on this journey, just collecting

You’d probably get them in the boot. They fold in half. And you can push the multi flex shelf up, there’s a hook to hook around the head rest to keep it up. I bought mine second hand and decided I’d just clip them in to the rails as I had kids bikes I. The boot. Doesn’t take long. They are heavy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitting them prop in the rails will take 5 minutes each

if first time allow 10 minutes, very easy and totally secure

Although fairly heavy, it is a simple job to fit and remove the single seats (ours are in and out of our van like a yoyo).

Just slide the bench seat all the way back either with or without shortening the multiflex, and fit the seats in front of the bench with the help of the person you are buying from.

I would definitely recommend fitting them in the tracks in front of the bench seat when you them pick up. They are pretty damn heavy things to come flying forward if you have to stop in a hurry and they're just sitting behind the rear bench. easy enough to do once you've worked out the system.

Hi Joe,
In answer to your question, yes you can fit 7 seats, and the parcel shelf all in at the same time? If required, you can create more leg room by dropping the front folding section of the Multiflex and sliding the rear bench seat backwards.

Here is a short video on how to fit the seats. It does feature an Australian Multivan that has a slightly different rail system but the way you fit the seats iis exactly the same. Note the small trolley. Something like that is very useful if moving the seats in or out of storage. They are very heavy so don't try and carry them too far or you may hurt yourself.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back