A service while you walk

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I booked our Skoda Citigo for its first service: 21 months old, 6,000 miles.

I planned to drop off the car, then walk to the railway station with Meg.

I duly turned up at 10am at Motorline Dartford. They had no record of my booking (which was made online). Neither did they have a record of my prepaid services.

An hour later, and several phone calls to VW (who run the computer system for Skoda) my service plan was found under a similar reg number (a D not an O had been recorded as one of the letters).

Finally my car was booked in. The service mechanic appeared and was a collie lover. He suggested a 90 minute circular walk for me to do with Meg, and the service would be completed by then.

So along the Thames and under the QEII Bridge. 5 minutes from my return to the garage and I get a call that the service is complete.

Despite the initial difficulties, the most enjoyable car service I have ever had.

2a7ab5cc9e4c4ab5e7e618680f2d8e6b.jpg

3a2cfd3569bc9c20eb33b571fadbdbab.jpg

Awesome service.
I had the same with my two Renault. Local dealer shut down and I had to travel 45 mins away every year. Took dogs with me. Walks were suggested and I was also allowed to wait in the coffee area with the dogs. They got heaps of attention.
I sold the convertible when I got the Ocean 5 years ago, and the estate car last summer when ordering the Beach as realised I wasn’t using it more than a few times a year.
Miss the good service at the dealer though. VW could learn a thing or two...

Back