A very poor show

Status
Not open for further replies.
timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
If one can afford a Cali or VW camper it is a very poor show when some who post a lot on this excellent and helpful site don't pay a measly £9.99 and become full members.As it must cost to set up and run
Just my thoughts :?: :?: :D :D :D They may not have just got around to doing so.
Timber

I agree.............I have previously suggested after posting an agreed number of posts it should become compulsary and then the new member has a choice to opt in or out. Having this number of posts it should be long enough for the new member to make that decision if it is worthwhile to join or just look in from the outside with no contribution and use the forum as an information source. I dont think it is fair on members who have put in their money to see lots of posts from habitual users who have not. Maybe the Admin team should look at this. Being a new owner and member I think this forum is a fantastic source and very useful tool and do not begrudge putting my hand in my pocket to join.

Don't knock freedom of choice.
I'm on 5 other forums (non Cali related) and none charge anything at all.
One refuses advertising links and we all contribute a little from time to time to pay for the running costs.
More a matter of principle than cost IMO.

agree as well so have done that .. how do I check that it has worked?

ok just seen the thing on the right .. it wasn't there a minute ago, I'm sure!

VIP Membership = 9.99

so far I have used these

SMG - Brandrup goodies - saved £18
QTM Mats - saved £8
Comfortz topper thingy - saved £28
ZoneSleep other topper thingy saved £30
Information on this forum so far - priceless

So far I am in profit by the tune of £74

:bananadance

We are also a member of the T4 forum and all i get is a bigger forum avatar :?

As a , not in the UK living user of the forum (so far not to many posts)you don't get to use much of the benefits from the sponsers....so hopefully there' s some way to sort it out...
It would be ashame to lose the diversiti of people caused by such a " membership" :sad

It's entirely choice.

As a previous poster commented, I have also saved quite a bit from my VIP discount.

I also have got a lot from this forum, especially in my "totally new to cali's but know I want to buy one" days. For every pound that I have saved on VIP discounts I must have saved £10 in good advice received stopping me from making mistakes and making wrong buying choices.

I will continue to be a member of this forum and continue to pay my £9.99 a year as long as I have a Cali, which, currently sat in Albert parked up in Ecclefechan, I feel will be forever.

GrannyJen said:
It's entirely choice.

As a previous poster commented, I have also saved quite a bit from my VIP discount.

I also have got a lot from this forum, especially in my "totally new to cali's but know I want to buy one" days. For every pound that I have saved on VIP discounts I must have saved £10 in good advice received stopping me from making mistakes and making wrong buying choices.

I will continue to be a member of this forum and continue to pay my £9.99 a year as long as I have a Cali, which, currently sat in Albert parked up in Ecclefechan, I feel will be forever.

Well said.

Ecclefechan? A lot of people won't know how to pronounce that. Is this a homage visit to Thomas Carlyle?

If one can afford a Cali or VW camper it is a very poor show when some who post a lot on this excellent and helpful site don't pay a measly £9.99 and become full members

I'm just off to check if I've helped any of these moaners and will be raising appropriate invoices for my time.

Guys, it's Summer, you've spent £50k on a leisure vehicle and you have nothing better to do than this?????

£9.99p......the missus and I spend more than that daily on our cappuccino and scones. It's a no brainer!!! :cool

normg said:
£9.99p......the missus and I spend more than that daily on our cappuccino and scones. It's a no brainer!!! :cool

what...........

thats over 3k a year.......you must be minted.....lol

Oh my goodness, I've left my husband blacklisted. He was a member first then I joined and we decided VIP membership would be good so I took that out. It didn't occur to me that I'd leave him shamed for not taking 2 VIP memberships for one Cali and household. :eek:
Do we have to join into one membership as some couples have done or maybe have a signature that says 'partner of fully paid up member' to satisfy those who would make assumptions?

I'm quite shocked and a little upset by the nature of some posts recently.

I have been a reasonably active contributor to this forum. I like to think I've helped people with info and advice as much as they've helped me.

My experiences on this forum have previously been excellent.

Like several other forums I participate in, the revenue model appears to be advertising. I saw the VIP membership as an option with benefits for those interested. I have not sought the benefits of VIP membership but have bought stuff from at least one sponsor at full price. As has been pointed out, it's possible I've paid more in total than I needed to, I don't know and don't mind. It will have supported a business.

This is the first time I've seen posts attacking other people's choices on this site. I think it's a shame.

I'm with custardtart on this one. I'm a VIP member as I'm happy to do my bit towards the site but as far as I can remember I haven't bought anything through the sponsors to take advantage of any savings and I couldn't care less!
I've asked a lot of questions on this forum during my time here and occasionally chipped in with a bit of help but it doesn't bother me at all if other members are VIP'S or not provided they contribute to the forum.
My pet hate is when somebody asks a question which I provide an answer to or offer advice and they ignore it (or don't acknowledge at least). Really rude and gets my goat!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to post that Freeley. I agree. :cool:

Californiaman said:
Thanks for taking the time to post that Freeley. I agree. :cool:

Lol!

Freeley said:
I'm with custardtart on this one. I'm a VIP member as I'm happy to do my bit towards the site but as far as I can remember I haven't bought anything through the sponsors to take advantage of any savings and I couldn't care less!
I've asked a lot of questions on this forum during my time here and occasionally chipped in with a bit of help but it doesn't bother me at all if other members are VIP'S or not provided they contribute to the forum.
My pet hate is when somebody asks a question which I provide an answer to or offer advice and they ignore it (or don't acknowledge at least). Really rude and gets my goat!

I'd agree

Although it is nice that you get discounts for being a VIP member, ultimately the people who should be grateful are the sponsors, discount or not, this forum puts business their way.

People should be allowed to choose how they contribute, I don't think someone is a better member or more supportive because they are a VIP member, for me, it's how you interact and what support you offer whilst here.

James

I hate threads like this. They stir things up.
This is not really a troll thread but heading that way.
As I said early on, hurray for freedom of choice and don't knock other members choices.

Ambler said:
I hate threads like this. They stir things up.
This is not really a troll thread but heading that way.
As I said early on, hurray for freedom of choice and don't knock other members choices.
Here here :thanks

I'm a member on loads of forums (Lotus, Cycling, Football, Here) and some I pay for, some I don't because of what I see as fair useage. I have no issues paying for this one because of the quality of advice and discounts available with VIP.

Each to their own, I'm another one for choice.

Custardtart, that would have been exactly our reaction hadn't you posted it already!

:goodone

We don't think the forum would benefit if it was turned into a closed community. You would limit input, and valuable input in the end is what all users benefit from. And sponsors would miss potential customers.

Everybody is free to choose.i moderate on several forums and this topic always comes up from time to time.alot of hard work and effort goes on behind the scene's on most forums to keep them up and running.but at the end of the day you can use this one for free if you so wish

There would no forum for us to chat on if it were not for person or persons who set this wonderful site up ,and I still think they need thanking for it .Not forgetting Alex
I know I have had a great deal of pleasure from it and that is why I became a member and not for the discount.
But of course one is free to choose :bananadance
This my last post on the subject :headbang

Pollychops said:
GrannyJen said:
It's entirely choice.

Ecclefechan? A lot of people won't know how to pronounce that. Is this a homage visit to Thomas Carlyle?

No, part of my round the UK coast odyssey but a slight diversion to have dinner with a friend who lives there. Of course being an historian and connected to the IWM I quite naturally spent ages at the devils porridge museum at Eastriggs :D

Now at the CC New England bay site near the mull of Galloway. Glorious weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back