Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A1 - Campers - Oundle

• Thread starter greatnortherncamper
  • Start date
G

greatnortherncamper

VIP Member
We have recently bought a new VW California from A1 Campers and wanted to take this opportunity to share our genuine pleasure at the exceptional way the whole process has taken place.

We live in the Highlands of Scotland and wanted to upgrade our older California to a new model. Being Scottish we were, (of course !), very keen to get the best deal we could find and had been seeking prices and options from franchised VW dealers; both local and throughout the UK.

We came to A1 campers via an advert and positive comments on this forum. Although we were a little nervous given their non-franchised status and our near 500 mile separation, we enquired and spoke with Andrew Hill.

It soon became clear that we had found something special; their product knowledge and access to the ever dwindling stock of new T6 vans was exceptional and before long Andrew had sourced several vehicles that met our specification. What is more the prices offered were dramatically lower than the best we had found elsewhere.

Although Andrew was willing to take our van as a trade in he suggested we would be better served to sell our van through him on a brokerage basis. We delivered our old van to Andrew who inspected, serviced and prepared it for sale. He then advertised it, dealt with all the inquiries and after only 2 weeks had secured a sale for us.

After Andrews (very reasonable) costs of service / preparation and brokerage we received a net sum almost £4k better than the best trade in figure we had been offered by any other dealer.

The combined effect of the brokerage sale and the exceptional new vehicle price has meant a net “cost to change” price which is almost £7K less than anything we could have achieved via the franchised dealer network!

Perhaps even more importantly we have been treated with great respect, patience and understanding throughout the entire process. Andrew and all at A1 campers (with a special mention to Carol) have been a pleasure to deal with acting with professionalism and integrity at all levels.

I therefore have absolutely no hesitation in highly recommending A1 campers for their highly competitive pricing but perhaps more importantly for their exceptional level of “old school” customer service and ongoing care.

Couldn't agree with you any more greatnortherncamper! We too have just purchased our T6 California Ocean 199 DSG from A1 Campers. The pre-reg deal was the icing on the cake, with a host of extras included in the price. Well worth a visit for anyone who is thinking of buying. :thumb

I also purchased a pre-registered T6 from A1campers earlier this month. They are fantastic to deal with and without doubt the best folk to ask if you are interested in upgrading your california. I traded in my lovely black T5 and the process was completely fair and honest. They had not seen my actual van (only pictures), so I didn't really know what to expect after a 3 hour drive to them. They are very knowledgeable (which means you - the seller must be honest too) and offered me a competitive price, because they know the resale value of the vehicles so well. My treatment there was fantastic - Carole makes lovely tea and looked after me so well. For anyone else (just like the gentleman from Scotland in a previous post), don't worry about the welcome you will have - just get down there and you'll be treated very well. I didn't post straight away, because there were a few minor post sale things to sort, but A1 have been perfect in dealing with these too. (This is not always the case with some dealerships).
So I have no hesitation in recommending A1 and my special thanks to Andrew who dealt with the whole process in such a friendly and professional way. Also of course to Carole.

This sounds like top customer service and worth going out of the way for. Good luck with your new purchases.

Bought a 2019 pre reg cali from A1 Campers last week. Completely painless process and useful information on handover despite rather odd circumstances. Would have no hesitation in recommending A1.