Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About cooking smoke exhaustion

USB has 12Volt supply but output is 5Volt not 12Volt and low current as intended for charging/powering phones etc.

this 12V 0.3Amp 120x120mm x 25mm may be suitable as low current requirement giving low battery drain. No adapters needed just a cigarette lighter plug.

Last edited:
USB has 12Volt supply but output is 5Volt not 12Volt and low current as intended for charging/powering phones etc.

this 12V 0.3Amp 120x120mm x 25mm may be suitable as low current requirement giving low battery drain. No adapters needed just a cigarette lighter plug.

I have the same one, but the power was so weak.

I have the same one, but the power was so weak.
CFM rating is the issue. Most 12V fans are the axial type and therefore too bulky/long to mount.
I did find one that would need a mounting but should perform better as designed for through the wall.

A bit left field

Last edited:
Having a non-VW sliding window reduced my ventilation choices further. I decided to make a "prototype" using a sheet of 4mm marine ply I had in the garage.
I then bough a metal vent grill, a 12v 120mm silent fan and a handful of stainless nuts and bolts from eBay.
The vent sits flush to the side window, and although I have not had any issues with water leaks, I fitted a rubber strip along the top section.
This vent combined with wind deflectors does allow a reasonable airflow through the van and noticeably reduces condensation. I chose a silent fan (lower RPM) as I wanted to leave it on overnight, but there are numerous options out there.
I am happy to leave the vent in place when parked-up, and I think it is secure as the sliding window catch.

20201117_134152.jpg20201117_134044.jpgNew Abbey (2).JPG

Having a non-VW sliding window reduced my ventilation choices further. I decided to make a "prototype" using a sheet of 4mm marine ply I had in the garage.
I then bough a metal vent grill, a 12v 120mm silent fan and a handful of stainless nuts and bolts from eBay.
The vent sits flush to the side window, and although I have not had any issues with water leaks, I fitted a rubber strip along the top section.
This vent combined with wind deflectors does allow a reasonable airflow through the van and noticeably reduces condensation. I chose a silent fan (lower RPM) as I wanted to leave it on overnight, but there are numerous options out there.
I am happy to leave the vent in place when parked-up, and I think it is secure as the sliding window catch.

View attachment 69503View attachment 69504View attachment 69506
This might fit yours

Back