Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to order - from where?

Oh my god I'm so sorry, I thought that little smiley was a "thumbs up" and I've just realised that it's a finger and I can't edit it!!! That wasn't the intention at all, please substitute a :thumb when you read it. What a pillock! :talktothehand

Oh my god I'm so sorry, I thought that little smiley was a "thumbs up" and I've just realised that it's a finger and I can't edit it!!! That wasn't the intention at all, please substitute a :thumb when you read it. What a pillock! :talktothehand
Don't worry I didn't even notice when I read you post.

Does anyone have an email address for Guy of VW Preston

If you are ever near Coventry I recommend talking to Justin at the Listers Commercial/Van Centre, he is very knowledable on the Cali. Appreciate thats quite far from you.

If you are ever near Coventry I recommend talking to Justin at the Listers Commercial/Van Centre, he is very knowledable on the Cali. Appreciate thats quite far from you.
Thanks Matt, do you have an email address?
Received a quote from Guy of Preston, currently 7% of, however around 7 month+ wait for it to be built from order.

Only 7%? He must be running out. Must be an oddball spec with over 7 months build.

Only 7%? He must be running out. Must be an oddball spec with over 7 months build.
California Beach 7 speed DSG
Candy white
Seat trim covers in Kutamo
2 x swivel seats with integrated child seats
3-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism
App connect
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
Lights & Vision package
Comfort dashboard package
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Leather multi-function steering wheel
Green heat insulating privacy glass
Sliding window in side sliding door
Power latching for tailgate
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Exterior Package
Power latching for driver side sliding door.
Cruise control
Awning Housing and Rail Black
Wing mirrors, heated, power adjustable and power folding.

California Beach 7 speed DSG
Candy white
Seat trim covers in Kutamo
2 x swivel seats with integrated child seats
3-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism
App connect
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
Lights & Vision package
Comfort dashboard package
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Leather multi-function steering wheel
Green heat insulating privacy glass
Sliding window in side sliding door
Power latching for tailgate
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Exterior Package
Power latching for driver side sliding door.
Cruise control
Awning Housing and Rail Black
Wing mirrors, heated, power adjustable and power folding.
I would seriously suggest you consider the Diesel Parking Heater. Extremely useful and much sought after in the second-hand market. Transforms the vehicle into an all year round camper.

@WelshGas is spot on. Heater makes it such a brilliantly versatile vehicle and one that you will be happy in anywhere anytime.
Well worth it. Best option we specced.

@WelshGas & @daveyboydanger

I was going to add the heater with remote and tow bar and a metallic colour. As it is the discounted price is ÂŁ44800 which is more than I thought it would be.

@WelshGas & @daveyboydanger

I was going to add the heater with remote and tow bar and a metallic colour. As it is the discounted price is ÂŁ44800 which is more than I thought it would be.
It all adds up doesn't it?
You could drop comfort dash and go parking heater. Lose clima air con and shiny doors for storage but gain more usability all year round.
It's hard to choose the goodies isn't it?

@daveyboydanger i could drop the exterior package and power latching. Is the climate not worth it? If it is the upgrade to the comfort dash does not seem much same with camera above regular parking sensors

It's a hard purchase? It's hard giving things up

@daveyboydanger i could drop the exterior package and power latching. Is the climate not worth it? If it is the upgrade to the comfort dash does not seem much same with camera above regular parking sensors
Lots of people sear by climate AC. My kids are too young to know they haven't got it and we haven't been to hot enough places to really need over the normal AC. You could just get climate but not comfort...

Lots of people sear by climate AC. My kids are too young to know they haven't got it and we haven't been to hot enough places to really need over the normal AC. You could just get climate but not comfort...
I am will look at this again tomorrow. Going to visit my local dealer and see what they can do. Coming from a golf r that was very well equipped from standard it makes this more difficult. I know it's a different machine altogether. Thanks for the advice. Another choice is to wait a bit to see if the discounts get better

I am will look at this again tomorrow. Going to visit my local dealer and see what they can do. Coming from a golf r that was very well equipped from standard it makes this more difficult. I know it's a different machine altogether. Thanks for the advice. Another choice is to wait a bit to see if the discounts get better

I negotiated a 14% discount by allowing my van to be used as a road demonstrator for up to three months before delivery... But that would imply a 10 month wait. Could you bear it?

Bought our first Cali from Sheffield Van Centre and our second is due to be picked up in September ( now confirmed) from there as well. No problems with them at all and they matched the price Preston gave us. It's good to build a relationship with your nearest dealer, as I find they are a bit more attentive if you bought it from them and subsequently needs warranty work. Give Paul Clements a ring as he sorted us out.
We have had good customer service here too . The Cali technician Craig, treats your Cali with kid gloves and is very respectful of it . We ask for him to do our service or any other work required .

Hi, just introducing myself. Had a couple of campervans before, inc a T5, but no California experience. I'm about to order an Ocean, having ummed and ahhed for months on what to get. I was going to get a Westfalia Joker City but the customer service from the dealers I've tried was so awful that it's put me off (and that's before they got any money, imagine what they'd be like afterwards!).

Having then considered a Cali, I've now been won over and have decided to order an Ocean in the next couple of days. I know I'm prob looking at late spring next year and I can live with that as there just doesn't seem any point in buying a used one for only 10 grand-ish less a couple of years old just to get it now, and regretting it next year. Not complaining about the low depreciation though : )

Anyway I live in South Yorkshire but frequently travel to the dark side of the Pennines to visit my daughter so I'm quite willing to buy from any dealership in the North. From what I've read on here, Guy at Preston VW is the best person for discount and customer service, is this still the case? Any other recommendations?
Was lucky enough to get a demo model from Guy so not a long wait and a bit of saving financially worth checking what they have on show if the spec suits u it's the way to go

Ordered Ocean yesterday - 7/8 month wait now! Sooooooo excited.

Congratulations. Gives you plenty of time to think and get exactly the right stuff to go in it. General advice on here is not to go mad but there are plenty of bibs and bobs you do need.
Good hunting

Mike

Back