Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally about to order - Advice please.

ChrisB

ChrisB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
After months of deliberations and changes of mind, I am finally about to order my new Cali. Due to the volatile exchange rate (pound to euro) and the outrageous second hand prices I have decided to go for a new Ocean. but my budget is tight. Spanish taxes are about 31% on everything supplied by the factory.
I have chosen the following basic spec's and once I place the order, I have only about 2 weeks before it becomes difficult to change.

Can anyone suggest any factory fit spec's that they personally would either add or remove from the list shown below. The vehicle will be used on a daily basis and for extended touring in 'out of the way' places.

I want to keep the factory spec as low as poss' to save on the taxes.

150CV DSG 4 motion with difflock. (Basic off road capability is required)
Leather steering wheel with paddle shift (freebie)
Steel wheels with wheel trims.
235/55 R17 all season tyres.
Extended range fuel tank.
Heavy duty battery.
Pre prep' for tow bar.
Candy white
Grey poptop with 3 windows (standard is 2 windows)
Grey awning (standard is black)
Front carpets in black (freebie)
Clima cool Tinted windows (Freebie)
Warning triangles and fluorescent jackets (Freebie)
Plus a new vehicle gratis pack (they don't tell me what's in it until I confirm the order.)

Total price = 61675 euros including all taxes & registration etc

This is from the importers in Barcelona (motorsol) but I am going to try and get it supplied for the same price at my local dealers in Elche.

Thanks in advance

Chris

After months of deliberations and changes of mind, I am finally about to order my new Cali. Due to the volatile exchange rate (pound to euro) and the outrageous second hand prices I have decided to go for a new Ocean. but my budget is tight. Spanish taxes are about 31% on everything supplied by the factory.
I have chosen the following basic spec's and once I place the order, I have only about 2 weeks before it becomes difficult to change.

Can anyone suggest any factory fit spec's that they personally would either add or remove from the list shown below. The vehicle will be used on a daily basis and for extended touring in 'out of the way' places.

I want to keep the factory spec as low as poss' to save on the taxes.

150CV DSG 4 motion with difflock. (Basic off road capability is required)
Leather steering wheel with paddle shift (freebie)
Steel wheels with wheel trims.
235/55 R17 all season tyres.
Extended range fuel tank.
Heavy duty battery.
Pre prep' for tow bar.
Candy white
Grey poptop with 3 windows (standard is 2 windows)
Grey awning (standard is black)
Front carpets in black (freebie)
Clima cool Tinted windows (Freebie)
Warning triangles and fluorescent jackets (Freebie)
Plus a new vehicle gratis pack (they don't tell me what's in it until I confirm the order.)

Total price = 61675 euros including all taxes & registration etc

This is from the importers in Barcelona (motorsol) but I am going to try and get it supplied for the same price at my local dealers in Elche.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Do you have the Basic AirCon or the 3 Zone Climatronic? If there are only 2 of you basic will be fine, but it does not actively cool any rear passengers.
You do realise the 4Motion already has an Electronic Diff lock function. There is divided opinion about the Mechanical Diff Lock and how frequently it will ever or has been used/ required. The California does not have sufficient ground clearance to make it a serious off-road vehicle without a suspension upgrade.

Ocean has 3 zone climatronic as standard.

Seem to remember people finding it quite expensive getting tow bar even with ore prep. Have a look at the removal tow bar option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seem to remember people finding it quite expensive getting tow bar even with ore prep. Have a look at the removal tow bar option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, I'll check with the dealer for 'after market' prices.

Do you have the Basic AirCon or the 3 Zone Climatronic? If there are only 2 of you basic will be fine, but it does not actively cool any rear passengers.
You do realise the 4Motion already has an Electronic Diff lock function. There is divided opinion about the Mechanical Diff Lock and how frequently it will ever or has been used/ required. The California does not have sufficient ground clearance to make it a serious off-road vehicle without a suspension upgrade.
Thanks, Ground clearance wont be a problem as the vehicle won't be doing any serious stuff and normally the 4 motion system would suffice. However, I live in the campo (countryside) and Spanish tracks although passable, are legendary when wet. They turn to the consistency of liquid soap. I suppose the mech difflock is one of those things that if I decide against it, knowing my luck, I will regret it. The vehicle has 3 zone climatronic as standard.

Diff lock only locks the rear axle. Not a good idea to use for prolonged distance as one wheel has to spin on any bend, this causes strain on the diff and driveshafts. Also because of the rear being locked you have virtually no steering control, again not a good idea on muddy roads.
You can still have it but be cautious about how and when you engage it.

UK & Spanish specs are different so hard to compare. Taxation also is different so you would be working to an unknown criteria for me.

Hi, I don't own a Cali yet but I have been offered the advice that a 3d window in the poptop could potentially make the closing of the poptop more risky as it removes a 'band' with a folding piece. Apparently there are 'bands' in the fabric on all sides with a folding part (plastic ? dense fabric ?) so the poptop folds inwards nicely. If you have a 3d window the front part loses somewhat of this auto-folding capability.

I don't make myself very clear I realise and it's only hear-say...maybe an owner can confirm or deny this ?

J.

Hi, I don't own a Cali yet but I have been offered the advice that a 3d window in the poptop could potentially make the closing of the poptop more risky as it removes a 'band' with a folding piece. Apparently there are 'bands' in the fabric on all sides with a folding part (plastic ? dense fabric ?) so the poptop folds inwards nicely. If you have a 3d window the front part loses somewhat of this auto-folding capability.

I don't make myself very clear I realise and it's only hear-say...maybe an owner can confirm or deny this ?

J.
My Ocean has 3 windows and the front one does have a folding stiffener, same as the 2 side ones.

There you go, listen to owners;)

Almost everyone (me included :headbang) who had the canvas trapped in the mecanism it has happend in the side where the scissors are located .....thats the place most chances the bellows will pop-out .
In the front the canvas fabric fals nice inside.

Back