Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AC Bubbling

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I just noticed when I turn the temperature to low on my 2017 T6 Cali a bubbling noise comes from the rear of the van. On closer inspection it seems to be coming from the rear speakers in the overhead drawer. It doesn’t do this on high heat only on low with the AC on.
anyone come across this before?

I suspect your AC needs recharging.

Unless you use it regularly (I keep ours on 355 days of the year) the seals can dry and allow the fluid to seep past them.

A full AC service and recharge is around £70.00 and takes about an hour.

Alan

I suspect your AC needs recharging.

Unless you use it regularly (I keep ours on 355 days of the year) the seals can dry and allow the fluid to seep past them.

A full AC service and recharge is around £70.00 and takes about an hour.

Alan
Maybe turn it off and save yourself £70. Month in fuel

I just noticed when I turn the temperature to low on my 2017 T6 Cali a bubbling noise comes from the rear of the van. On closer inspection it seems to be coming from the rear speakers in the overhead drawer. It doesn’t do this on high heat only on low with the AC on.
anyone come across this before?
Might be completely unrelated but I had a scenario where the vents where pointed at the roof lining microphone above the driver's head. The breeze was blowing on the microphone pickup causing the noise. I repositioned the vents and problem went away. It had me wondering for a moment!

Might be completely unrelated but I had a scenario where the vents where pointed at the roof lining microphone above the driver's head. The breeze was blowing on the microphone pickup causing the noise. I repositioned the vents and problem went away. It had me wondering for a moment!
same issue and fix for us

Maybe turn it off and save yourself £70. Month in fuel
And then have it not working when you need it followed by a £70 recharge. 'Tis 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other' in my view.

Alan

That sounds logical as it definitely comes from the speakers which vents are you talking about exactly?

The directional air vents on the dashboard. Just try changing the angle of the vents and see if the problem goes away.

That sounds logical as it definitely comes from the speakers which vents are you talking about exactly?
Hey...You're a star. That's exactly what the problem was. I first covered the microphone with my hand and the noise stopped. Then repositioning the air vents fixed the problem. Who would have thought!
You've saved me a trip to the VW garage next week. IOU a pint!

Back