Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving Mode

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi all 6.1 owners. Has anybody figured out whether the selected Driving Mode can be displayed on the Digital Cockpit?

I don’t have the Mode button on the dashboard as shown in the User Manual, but can select via the Driver Assist menu, ACC setting, but can’t see it displayed anywhere.

Does it only display when using ACC perhaps? Haven’t looked yet.

EA318707-AE27-4541-BABF-7AF82955515F.jpeg

Reactions: SFO
Hi all 6.1 owners. Has anybody figured out whether the selected Driving Mode can be displayed on the Digital Cockpit?

I don’t have the Mode button on the dashboard as shown in the User Manual, but can select via the Driver Assist menu, ACC setting, but can’t see it displayed anywhere.

Does it only display when using ACC perhaps? Haven’t looked yet.

View attachment 83569
I don’t know as haven’t taken delivery of my California yet. Interested to know what the modes do - presume Sport accelerates hard up to your set speed?

That is not something I change very often, you just set how you want the ACC to behave when accelerating and just leave it.

The Mode button on the dash is for DCC, and the setting is shown at the top left of the display. Do you have DCC? Not sure what the driver profile setting change.

The Mode button on the dash is for DCC, and the setting is shown at the top left of the display. Do you have DCC? Not sure what the driver profile setting change.
Don’t have DCC @Rololux

Don’t have DCC @Rololux
Just re-read the manual and yes you’re correctlux , the Mode Button is for DCC settings. The attached photo of the Manual shows the available modes as Eco; Comfort; Normal; Sport; Individual.

In the Driver Assist Settings under ACC it displays the same options - Eco; Comfort; Normal; Sport but omits Individual.

Anybody tested the options in ACC?

D9B12CF7-1DF6-484E-9BBE-92F933C4B412.jpeg

5EB4EC27-2108-4AA9-8A45-9846AB12DB58.jpeg

That is not something I change very often, you just set how you want the ACC to behave when accelerating and just leave it.
Have you defaulted to any particular mode @Loz

Just re-read the manual and yes you’re correctlux , the Mode Button is for DCC settings. The attached photo of the Manual shows the available modes as Eco; Comfort; Normal; Sport; Individual.

In the Driver Assist Settings under ACC it displays the same options - Eco; Comfort; Normal; Sport but omits Individual.

Anybody tested the options in ACC?

View attachment 83573

View attachment 83574
DCC, not ACC

Yes I understand that @two-saabs but I don’t have DCC in my van.
Get the same mode options as DCC but in the ACC setup menu.
Right right yep, see my correction post, strange UI, maybe as part of the set-up the options should be hidden by the dealer if you don't have the optional extra, and perhaps it was forgotten

Sorry ignore me, looking at the screenshots I'm confusing myself...

Isn't ACC the climate control, and DCC is the driving mode? Strange UI
No ACC is Adaptive Cruise Control :)
I got a little confused too.

Right right yep, see my correction post, strange UI, maybe as part of the set-up the options should be hidden by the dealer if you don't have the optional extra, and perhaps it was forgotten
I think @Loz is correct that when using ACC the car behaves as per the selected mode. Just confusing that the identical modes are listed for DCC. Anyway I won’t loose any sleep about this ‘feature’. Thanks for your input @two-saabs

No ACC is Adaptive Cruise Control :)
I got a little confused too.
Ahh bloomin eck, need a tea ...

Ok, so, Adaptive Cruise Control, gives you the option to select which driving mode you want whilst cruising... ? But should hide this option as you don't have Dynamic Chassis thingy... Right?

So I guess whatever you choose does nothing, and you can just ignore this. (Assuming the van doesn't freak out / show error warnings)

Ahh bloomin eck, need a tea ...

Ok, so, Adaptive Cruise Control, gives you the option to select which driving mode you want whilst cruising... ? But should hide this option as you don't have Dynamic Chassis thingy... Right?

So I guess whatever you choose does nothing, and you can just ignore this. (Assuming the van doesn't freak out / show error warnings)
Don’t know. Will select different options on a long forthcoming motorway journey (maybe Eco and Sport) and see if I notice a difference :)

It just sets how slowly the van accelerates when it tries to get back up to the speed set on ACC
In sport acc accelerates slowly back up to preset speed, in economy it doesn’t seem to accelerate at all.

Back