Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACC not available

Nottledim

Nottledim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Got this message twice en route in Spain. Any ideas why? Only one dead fly on the radar box at the front. But quite frustrating.

And the auto headlight seems to stay on dipped but apart from that things are good.

• Disagree
Reactions: Igy
Not had any problems with ACC yet. Manual does say about snow build up making it unavailable, so other debris could have the same effect, but shouldn't have thought a single fly should affect it.
It has to be a complex bit of kit and electronics, so hopefully it was just a blip...

Happened frequently on the Touareg, flies, build up of road film etc.
Just remember to give it a wipe once in a while.

I've had it twice, nothing blocking went away without any action.

Seems to be ok now - it may have related to the tyre pressure sensor that correctly identified a slow puncture in the near side rear.
We got it fixed in Salamanca for €10, quite a relief in the middle of the Spanish Easter celebrations.

Thanks for the responses

A+A

The ACC often gives this message in my Golf R estate. The car has not been washed in 6 months of ownership as its my daily "hack" so really dirty with dirt and flies etc, usually a wipe over the sensor with a baby wipe does the trick.

Not quite sure how Igy can disagree that our ACC wasnt available. We did an additional 2k miles with only one other occurrence. I would not now be without it.

@Igy seems to have something to say on ACC, please enlighten us?
Not quite sure how Igy can disagree that our ACC wasnt available. We did an additional 2k miles with only one other occurrence. I would not now be without it.
I think @Igy was answering on a mobile or has big fingers and wanted to use " Agree". That's why I asked the Forum Administrators to Move or Remove the " Disagree " button. They have now been able to move it, but that didn't happen until until Saturday 27th May.

I think @Igy was answering on a mobile or has big fingers and wanted to use " Agree". That's why I asked the Forum Administrators to Move or Remove the " Disagree " button. They have now been able to move it, but that didn't happen until until Saturday 27th May.
Disagree came in today...
You can, of course, undo the rating.
But I agree that the mobile + fingers can lead to errors.
Odd that igy appears to have only contributed the twin dislikes since joining; no other comments...
I'll put it down to user error, after all, we tend not to read the manua l:thumb

Don't understand why some people get their knickers in a twist about someone disagreeing with a post.
It doesn't matter does it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't understand why some people get their knickers in a twist about someone disagreeing with a post.
It doesn't matter does it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'm part of this forum to learn and, where I can, contribute. If I have got something wrong, then I am happy to accept that, or enter into a discussion if there are different views. The problem comes, not with the disagree response, but the lack of a qualifying post to explain.
But @Freeley I don't loose any sleep over it.

Picking up on this previous thread with an experience that may be helpful for someone.
Suddenly had an orange warning symbol, “ACC not available” and “ACC deactivated” coming up on display on T6 Ocean. Manual says “Take me to your leader/dealer!” Cleaned off some large ex-insects with a baby wipe and noted that the square black surround to the sensor wasn’t quite straight but couldn’t get it to stay aligned. ACC wouldn’t restart.
Then found that gently pulling off the square surround revealed what looks like 4 electrical contacts.
Refitted the surround by just pushing it back on and now all working fine and avoided a trip to the dealer.

CDC121B6-99AA-4C99-83FD-3E9D18628E69.jpeg

F684CBE7-F5E2-4B46-8649-4F44A42EA6DC.jpeg

Picking up on this previous thread with an experience that may be helpful for someone.
Suddenly had an orange warning symbol, “ACC not available” and “ACC deactivated” coming up on display on T6 Ocean. Manual says “Take me to your leader/dealer!” Cleaned off some large ex-insects with a baby wipe and noted that the square black surround to the sensor wasn’t quite straight but couldn’t get it to stay aligned. ACC wouldn’t restart.
Then found that gently pulling off the square surround revealed what looks like 4 electrical contacts.
Refitted the surround by just pushing it back on and now all working fine and avoided a trip to the dealer.

View attachment 50841

View attachment 50842

After a week in Snowdonia when it started the week off at -2C then changed to torrential rain with lots of large puddles on the road, I had the same fault appear. I had been careful not to drive quickly through any of the deeper puddles, but certainly hadn't hit anything with the sensor. The sensor was clean with no mud, insects or debris on it when I checked it.
I tried to reactivate it several times on route home but with no success. Then after about 120 miles it just came on again. The little speedo and car symbol was in orange in the bottom left of the screen, where the total miles figure is, as in the 1st picture above. This symbol had gone from orange to grey for no obvious reason and the ACC restarted.
Could it be moisture related, the flooding was biblical around Snowdon where I was?
Is that something that VW Assist would check if you called them out, I have more faith in them than some of the dealerships.
I did find this article on the subject from Ireland from a disgruntled VW owner https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/152244/watchdog-1145-adaptive-cruise-glitch-fixed-for-just-46
Simon

I tried to reactivate it several times on route home but with no success. Then after about 120 miles it just came on again. The little speedo and car symbol was in orange in the bottom left of the screen, where the total miles figure is, as in the 1st picture above. This symbol had gone from orange to grey for no obvious reason and the ACC restarted.
I had my ACC fully locked out until recalibrated after a gentle smash, and also the temporary fault as you describe on the A3(M) approaching Portsmouth after passing through a Biblical deluge crossing the South Downs.

I had my ACC fully locked out until recalibrated after a gentle smash, and also the temporary fault as you describe on the A3(M) approaching Portsmouth after passing through a Biblical deluge crossing the South Downs.
Thanks for the info. Have you had any further problems with it that could have been caused by moisture? I could understand it more if it had been fully immersed in water but it is quite high in the air and I was careful to go slowly through any large puddles and always on the crown of the road where it is shallowest. When you look how low the sensor appears to be on some of the VW cars that must make them very vulnerable to water.
Simon

Thanks for the info. Have you had any further problems with it that could have been caused by moisture? I could understand it more if it had been fully immersed in water but it is quite high in the air and I was careful to go slowly through any large puddles and always on the crown of the road where it is shallowest. When you look how low the sensor appears to be on some of the VW cars that must make them very vulnerable to water.
Simon
Four times I have had problems with my front radar.
#1 after a small prang in Poland. ACC and front assist knocked out completely requiring an expensive insurance repair.
#2 and #3 in exactly the same place in Romania on a shallow bend in the road the front assist inexplicably applied the brakes. I wondered if it could have been caused by police speed radar; VW insist this is impossible, but that level crossings/proximity to railway lines can cause problems.
#4 shortly after heavy rain on the A3 and A3(M) after crossing the South Downs in heavy rain. If I recall correctly a tyre pressure warning also flashed up.

Thanks for this. I'd forgotten that I'd had a tyre pressure warning around the same time. It even gave the wheel that caused the issue which I thought it only did once. I had recently put the winter wheels on so I hadn't linked the two incidences.
Simon

Back