ACC...

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have an issue with my ACC.

All working OK with the exception of the drivers side outlets at Foot Level & Right Side of Dash, which tend to blow out cool air when the rest of the vans vents are blowing out warm air.

Any ideas what the problem could be ?

Thanks

Did they take off and not replace some of the pipework / ducting when they had your engine in pieces?

Do you have Climatronic 3 zone AirCon? If so are ALL 3 zones set to the same temperature?

If not then it could be a control flap in the combined Heater/AirCon unit is sticking and failing to open/close as it should.

When AirCon is on, All air coming in is cooled by the AirCon heat exchanger to remove excess moisture and then some of the cold air is warmed by passing over the hot heater matrix to give the desired temperature. This airflow and mixing is controlled by numerous servo controlled flaps.

WG...I have the 2 zone in the front & the separate zone in the rear on drivers side, so 3 zone..?

Will check the rear tomorrow, when my front BAR like yours gets fitted.

WG...I have the 2 zone in the front & the separate zone in the rear on drivers side, so 3 zone..?

Will check the rear tomorrow, when my front BAR like yours gets fitted.
If all zones are set to the same temperature then they should vary together. What happens if you turn your side temperature up? Does it get warmer? Do you get warm air out of the vents?
With the Climatronic AirCon there must be temperature sensors in each zone, I presume.

I only get warm air out of the drivers side vents if I turn that side up to 'high'

So you can get warm air that side. So the likelihood of a malfunctioning flap is less likely. . Malfunctioning temperature sensor, or its normal because the engine exhaust runs that side, so your side needs to be cooled down???? Just a theory.

I had the same problem on my previous car, which I thought was a bad temperature sensor on the drivers side. It took the dealership garage half a day of effort to come to the same conclusion and then fix it. You may need to explain the issue precisely and your suspected cause.

My problem which is now fixed was 2 faulty sensors on drivers side. ÂŁ125 plus vat to fix.

That sounds a very reasonable price, was the work carried out at a VW dealers ?

Hey sorry to butt in..... We have a VW California 2019 Ocean and never had an issue with ACC - However it now shows on the dash that "ACC not available" I cannot recall if stopped after either of these events:
1- Had to slam on the brakes as had a near miss or:
2 - Had a very little front knock that broke my plastic grill (Probably would not even notice)

Or maybe neither of these ?????

Is there a sensor in the grill or because we breaked hard can it be rest at home ?

I was getting the same ACC not available message when I was using my towbar bike rack but all was fine when not using the rack.
Once I replaced a faulty brake light bulb in the bike rack all was working fine again.
Suggest you check to see if any bulbs are out. Good luck

Hey sorry to butt in..... We have a VW California 2019 Ocean and never had an issue with ACC - However it now shows on the dash that "ACC not available" I cannot recall if stopped after either of these events:
2 - Had a very little front knock that broke my plastic grill (Probably would not even notice)

Is there a sensor in the grill or because we breaked hard can it be rest at home ?
Yes, you have a front sensor that has probably been damaged . Square shape below VW badge.

Wow this thread is mixed up! OP, ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control... Air Conditioning = AC :rolleyes:

The ACC you refer to is Adaptive Cruise control, not the Air conditioning that the OP refers to.

I've had ACC not available a couple of times and both times it was down to removing muck and road debris from the radar outlet at the front (the black square thing) ....

The ACC you refer to is Adaptive Cruise control, not the Air conditioning that the OP refers to.

I've had ACC not available a couple of times and both times it was down to removing muck and road debris from the radar outlet at the front (the black square thing) ....

Ooopps Thank you for clarification

Back