Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cold Feet in the Front

DavidofHook

DavidofHook

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Now winter has arrived I get cold feet when I am driving. Although the heater is set to the hottest temperature I can't seem to get that nice warm air blowing over my feet. Mrs davidofhook says it is fine on her side. Higher up, at windscreen level it seems ok, just not at feet level.
Does anyone else have this problem?

DavidofHook said:
Now winter has arrived I get cold feet when I am driving. Although the heater is set to the hottest temperature I can't seem to get that nice warm air blowing over my feet. Mrs davidofhook says it is fine on her side. Higher up, at windscreen level it seems ok, just not at feet level.
Does anyone else have this problem?

I've got Climatic not Climtronic - I don't have this problem. I actually leave my heater on screen/feet setting with the rear heater on 1 or 2 - I find this the perfect combo in the winter.

The only thing I find with my heat is, it's a bit all or nothing in terms of temperature.

James

I've found this too, I can only feel any warmth if I hold my toes above and to the left of the brake pedal :-(

Thanks James and Linda,
Sorry to hear that you are a sufferer too Linda!
Looking at it the heater, it blows out of the side of the footwell and above the feet for the driver whereas the passenger gets heat from above down directly on the feet. So the heat for the drivers rises and tends not to get to the poor old drivers feet.(Unfair)

But, because of the noise, I tend keep the blower on 1 so thanks James, I will try to be a bit more adventurous with my settings and see what happens.

Back