Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali T6.1 drivers left foot rest.

HugoFar

HugoFar

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
For those Cali 6.1 drivers in the UK, Australia or NZ, that are right hand drive, how is the lack of any drivers left foot rest going? When the 6.1 first came out there was some concern and reports of discomfort for (esp) taller drivers from not having any support for their left foot. Has this carried on or have people adapted? Is it still considered a problem? The T5 and T6 both had really good, solid drivers left foot rests that were comfortable even on really long days driving.

For those Cali 6.1 drivers in the UK, Australia or NZ, that are right hand drive, how is the lack of any drivers left foot rest going? When the 6.1 first came out there was some concern and reports of discomfort for (esp) taller drivers from not having any support for their left foot. Has this carried on or have people adapted? Is it still considered a problem? The T5 and T6 both had really good, solid drivers left foot rests that were comfortable even on really long days driving.
I have adjusted by driving with my left foot flat on the floor; it's more than the footrest it's very cramped on that side.

I don't really think about it anymore. Especially with ACC on, which is a lot of the time.

I'm 6ft6 (1.98m in metric!)
I'd completely forgotten there is no left foot rest until I saw this thread. I don't find it any concern after nearly 14000miles...

I have adjusted by driving with my left foot flat on the floor; it's more than the footrest it's very cramped on that side.

I don't really think about it anymore. Especially with ACC on, which is a lot of the time.
Agree with this - was odd at first but not just have the ACC on and sit in the seat like an armchair with feet on the floor. Honestly feels more comfy now. I did see a thread where some on a T6 forum had jury rigged one in but IMHO it looked awful and dangerous.

I did see a thread where some on a T6 forum had jury rigged one in but IMHO it looked awful and dangerous.
Probably referring to this

Back