Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

accessing the front fuse box

GollyOlly

GollyOlly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Searched the threads looking for a tutorial on accessing the fuse box under the front passenger seat in my 2017 Cali Ocean. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. The water tap has ceased and suspect a blown fuse. TY ahead of time.

had this happen in July, move the seat all the way back and rotate it, this gives you a clear view of fuses. At first we couldn't get the fuse out as it is the middle one, eventually got it out using tweezers.
Ours wasn't fuse it was water pump. Fixed under warranty. Hope it is just the fuse for you.

Polomint, you're my hero! I'll try that on Monday. We have guests visiting this weekend. But if that works, that will be so great. I'm sure it's the fuse. I couldn't get the pump to stop working after trying to fix the original micro switch until I shorted the entire system out! Had I known getting to the fuse was that easy, I would have taken it out first and not risked a short. Oh well....live and learn. Thanks again!

It would be nice if Volkswagen could put some trust in California owners and actually let them know which fuse was which. Most vehicle manufacturers print out where you can find each particular fuse. Instead they treat them like little children incapable of checking and changing a fuse without going through the whole system and 3-4 fuse boxes.

Hi Polomint....thanks for the advice. It worked just as you said. I found removing the fuses a breeze if I used a haemostat. Works much better than tweezers. They are purchased on the internet.

Hi Golly Olly,
Glad you got your problem sorted.