Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

accessories

No wrong, she did a catalogue of pictures. +1 for boxes you can see through.

Thanks for posting the photos, Jen. Storage solutions are still on my shopping list; would you mind telling us the size of the fridge/cupboard boxes and also your big box in the boot please? :) I have looked on the website but there are rather a lot of options!

Maud

Can someone please give me a huge round of applause for that last post ... definitely A level techie stuff...

Slightly larger boxes for kitchen cupboards and rear boot ... (techie note: I also have these in my study as stationery boxes, they hold A4 paper, folders, punch pockets etc...)

Whitefurze 10lt (36cm) Spacemaster Mini Plastic Strorage Box and Lid

The very big one I got from staples, have no idea of the size, frankly a bit overkill, smaller will do the same job.

The yellow bag that you see behind the boxes in the boot are snow socks .... be brave, get out in the cold and pack a pair, enjoy the cali, its a beast if you ask it to be, otherwise it gets all temperamental if you don't and you start to worry about fridge clips, trim falling off, steamed up lights ... use it for the joy, the release, the fun of being able to go anywhere anytime...

Albert is German ... learnt all he knew reading about Heinz Guderian and Irwin Rommel ....

Wow that's looks very clean and organised jen, and the plasticboxshop is now on my 1001 more items i need list

Thank you Simon

How nice to have new members so enthusiastic..

Are you another one following me?????

Thanks for the pics Jen, it's interesting to see how other people pack their vans.

I've studied the pics closely, but I give up. Where do you keep the loo? Is that in one of the boxes?

I agree; we see lots of exterior shots of Calis but not so many of the inside - it is both interesting and helpful to see how other people pack!

Maud

Thanks for the pics Jen, it's interesting to see how other people pack their vans.

I've studied the pics closely, but I give up. Where do you keep the loo? Is that in one of the boxes?

Loo? I use a bucket and throw it under next door's ... sadly the folding bucket is a handicap if you sit down too hard, but then, not your problem ...

Seriously, in the pic you will see my pouffe .. box with a cushioned seat covered in a red cover ..

That is my loo. The cushion, appropriately covered, is one of my pillows. Off comes the cover at night, on goes a pillow case ... voila!!! Travelling it normally sits by the right kitchen door and passenger seat, all held in place with a red bungee cord. At night the bungee cord becomes a washing line stretched between the headrest stems of the front seats.

Carrying it in the habitation area is also highly useful when exploring "off the beaten track"... but then, you being a man, do not have the same problem.

I can tell you a story about that cover and "douane"...

bog.jpg

Another accessories question - what do you use for a bin? :confused:

Maud

The big box in the boot looks like a 64ltr Really Useful Box. I have 2 of these in our boot, filled with man stuff...spare Gaz bottle, hook up cables, wheel ramps, guy straps for the awning, filler hose and so on.

With kitchen boxes we found in Carrefour in France last year and some smaller ones from the Cotswold catalogue.

Your site looks good though Jen, will bookmark that one.

Alan

Another accessories question - what do you use for a bin? :confused:

Maud

Supermarket carrier bags, normally pegged to the rear of the drivers seat headrest when travelling.

Naturally only marks and spencer carrier bags, waitrose at a pinch ..... I carry spares stuffed in one of the seats packed in the tailgate.,

Seriously, in the pic you will see my pouffe .. box with a cushioned seat covered in a red cover ..
Aha! In our local B & Q we found a pouffe with a split screen VW on it, we removed the stuffing and the bottom and use that to disguise our loo :thumb

Also in B & Q are scatter cushions decorated with split campers ...

What is "B & Q"?

Is it a DIY shop?

I have an ASBO preventing me from using tools and a community order prohibiting me from entering shops that sell them ....

I am considering carrier bags Jen, though I will have to stock up on disposable ones as I usually use those lovely fabric insulating ones from Waitrose - one of those will be living in Ariadne too of course :veryfunny

I can tell you a story about that cover and "douane"...
Please do. Also, we haven't yet seen what you have hidden in the rear cupboard above the gas bottle, and your glove box. And while you're at it, the front door pockets and in the drawer under the seat :)

Supermarket carrier bags, normally pegged to the rear of the drivers seat headrest when travelling.

Naturally only marks and spencer carrier bags, waitrose at a pinch ..... I carry spares stuffed in one of the seats packed in the tailgate.,
Meet Manuel the carrier bag holder. He's a child's back pack, he hangs on the peg above the sink. He's bit of a cheapskate, he only has Tesco and Sainsbury bags no Marks and Spencer bags.
IMG_1037.JPG

Brilliant idea, Raggedroy! Every Cali needs a bear - and a useful one is all the better! :happy

Yes mine have worn through, I sm there'd underside with silicon & put gaffer tape over that. Wait & see how long it lasts. Had them over 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Note the comments on monster mat wear, ours are almost a year old, still look like new after 13k, very useful for the sort of stuff we do, if they do wear I think I would replace them, they do a great job of keeping muck of the carpets (unless they have holes in of course).

Meet Manuel the carrier bag holder. He's a child's back pack, he hangs on the peg above the sink. He's bit of a cheapskate, he only has Tesco and Sainsbury bags no Marks and Spencer bags.
View attachment 6682

Oh He's gorgeous!! I want one!

Sadly though that peg is full of other things ... I will have to make something for him on the seat back ...

that peg is full of other things

So pegs... has anyone fitted the Brandrup coat hooks or similar? I could do with more hooks to hold up my strings of fairy lights :happy

Maud

Sorry, me again with another question :sorry

How do you store mugs when on the move? I have bought new mugs for Ariadne but they are bone china (drinks just don't taste the same out of melamine) so I can't really just put them in a box with other bits and bobs.

I have seen the Muggi advertised - does anyone use one of these and does it stop rattles? I have also considered getting a piece of thick foam and cutting mug-sized holes in it.

I would be interested (and grateful) to know what others do to keep their china safe on the move...

Maud

Back