Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

accessories

shaun5

shaun5

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello all, just wondering if anybody has used some imaginative alternatives when buying accessories (roof topper, mattress topper ect).
I accept that the most popular products are popular because of their obvious quality. Who has an alternative ?

Jackyard seat covers not cheap but great quality and add some real colour to your your van

They're the best extra we have added

Mattress topper I use an oversized single airbed.

We used a domestic 2" thick memory foam topper in our last Cali. Made it into a swiss roll during the day and squashed it down with two luggage straps; it didn't take up that much room and was extremely comfortable.

Our new Cali has the comfort mattress, I don't think it will be as comfortable and the swiss roll will make a swift come back!

Colin

I had a comfort mattress. Changing over has allowed me to raise the rear parcel shelf and the bed takes up only half the space on that shelf.

I'm daft really. Most of the time it is me on my own and I have no need of more space yet the efficiency of space usage is something that I am a bit OCD about ... except when it comes to my vanity case :oops:

Fully agree Monster Mats a good buy.
Also you can easily get carried away with camping gear pots and pans etc etc and end up getting things you never use when you review it 6 months later.

I seem to go against the grain a lot on this site. In my experience would never buy the monster mats again. We where very disappointed in them, ours wore through in no time at all, the rubber is way to soft, started with a small hole and basically where it holds the water, it leaked through and stained the carpet underneath. I will try the standard rubber mats next time

We just use a cheap set of Halfords rubber mates in the front.

At the moment, in the back, we've got a rubber bootliner. If we needed the bed this would need to be removed though but for day trips it stops the mud getting on the grained floor and stops dirt falling into the seat runners.

I don't know where the bootliner came from, my wife bought it for her Golf ten decided she didn't want it and chucked it down the side of the house, where I found it ... :D

Plastic boxes ...everything in my Cali is in boxes, nothing rattling around loose. I get mine from the www.plasticboxshop.co.uk that sells millions of boxes and has a "search by dimensions" facility.

One size in particular is useful, almost the dimensions of the fridge and can fit three in and stack them. Turn them round the other way and almost a perfect length to fit in the kitchen cupboards.

One size in particular is useful, almost the dimensions of the fridge and can fit three in and stack them
Do you use the basket in the fridge or take it out to fit the boxes in?

I seem to go against the grain a lot on this site. In my experience would never buy the monster mats again. We where very disappointed in them, ours wore through in no time at all, the rubber is way to soft, started with a small hole and basically where it holds the water, it leaked through and stained the carpet underneath. I will try the standard rubber mats next time
Yes mine have worn through, I sm there'd underside with silicon & put gaffer tape over that. Wait & see how long it lasts. Had them over 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G900F

We've made a couple of things for ourselves.

We made our own roof topper from Superfoil roof insulation. It cost ÂŁ78 for the roll but I think I can get another two out of it and some screen covers.

We built our own folding ladder that fits between the front seats to give more room when the roof is up.

Yes mine have worn through, I sm there'd underside with silicon & put gaffer tape over that. Wait & see how long it lasts. Had them over 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Thats what I did with some silkoflex 221 I had, I only had them 4 months before hey wore through thou :(

can an admin person please delete - duplication

Last edited:
Jenny has been gone 45 minutes, expect she has forgotten the pictures and driven North

Jenny has been gone 45 minutes, expect she has forgotten the pictures and driven North

Look above oh ye of little faith ...

You surely did not expect me to perform something so advanced and technical as uploading a few pics in minutes did you?

Back