Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessorise my Cali before delivery .?

C

choplee

Guest User
Got a week to sort out what accessories I want added to my Cali before I pick it up ..anyone like to add to the list of usual ones or just cool bling ones ... Lol :)
Springs
Mats
Mud flaps
Bumper protector

Re: Accessorise my Cali before delivery .?

I'm not planning mud flaps myself.

The bumper protector is essential IMHO.

Springs, mainly for looks.

Carpets - We've ordered the ones from QTM using the discount here.

Mattress Topper - Again ordered from the VIP section, the Dogbed company.

Don't forget other essentials such as maps, fire extinguisher, gas cylinder, electric hook up lead, ASCI card if going to Europe, Polarity checker, a Euro adaptor for the 12/240v socket behind the passenger seat.

Also some basic tools, which after the fuse issue on one of Ollie's vans now includes a selection of fuses :thumb

Lee this is a blatant plug of my shop :rofl :rofl :rofl
I do 3 of the items on stu's list if you check my shop out. Fire exstinguiser I would say is important
I also have polarity testers hook up adapter to charge you batteries at home.also euro adapter for your little socket behind passenger seat :thumb
http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/kevshop.html

- Taylor made or silver screen cover ( if you are not using the supplied internal ones )
- Wheel levelling blocks
- Seat covers

Martin said:
- Taylor made or silver screen cover ( if you are not using the supplied internal ones )
- Wheel levelling blocks
- Seat covers

need mats in the rear :thumb
wheel chocks i have in my 71 westy i can steal :grin:
and hope covers come with me cali :thumb
gas cylinder need that of course :doh

how's people like the mud flaps ..???

will need a hookup cable
do i really need a polarity tester .?..never used one in the past

one thing i found out which i did not realise after purchasing a roofrack today is that any accessories which you purchase with a new cali have a 3 yeay warranty but if you buy like myself after the purchase only have a 2 year warranty

dave and lisa

I'll keep that in mind Dave ... I'll try and get the more essentials with the Cali then and not after ...

That's one of the reasons I had the springs fitted by the dealers.

What they cost u in the end fitted stu ..? I may bite the bullet and do them .. Yours doesnt look to low and I'm sure it handles slightly better as well ?

I paid ÂŁ500 inc VAT which was for the springs, the rear tailgate edge protector and fitting of both.

SMG offer springs fitted in the VIP section for ÂŁ392 +VAT - ÂŁ470.40 Inc VAT.

The rear tailgate edge protector is ÂŁ43.50 Inc VAT.

The official VW price for the springs is ÂŁ550 Inc VAT fitted.

Sod it I think I'll have them and get some other stuff I wanted inside at a later date ...:) lol

Thats the way to do it lol :lol:

Re mudflaps - we have them and they definitely keep a lot of muck off the van. However the rear ones are pretty low to the ground and like to catch on stuff and scare the hell out of you with a nice scraping sound. We get it every time we go up our driveway!

I wouldn't buy too much - it "curses" the delivery day IMO!! :lol:

Rear bumper protector was handy today as it almost completely caught an ENORMOUS seagull merde - much rather it was on the plastic than the paintwork. Also completely essential as we have a dog. As mentioned elsewhere, it should be standard.

Lovely day of surfing, a bit of work and some pleasant time with the kids in the Cali today. :mrgreen:

Someone mentioned mats for the rear.

Do you get this included with the Berghaus?

Rilla said:
Someone mentioned mats for the rear.

Do you get this included with the Berghaus?

No just the front mats.

Very dark grey Lee. Quite a good match for the carpets I ordered this week.

anyone got mud flaps on their cali that could throw a photo over to me
choplee@btinternet.com

just not sure as someone said the back ones attach to the bumper back from the wheel arch ..?????????
:thanks

Choplee They attach with two 'L' brackets. Front one goes into bumper moulding & rear one goes into plastic under tray. The screws may go into metal, I would hope so to give more strength.
Definitely worth getting, they stop a lot of crud getting into paint work & help keep spray down.

26052012.jpg

26052012%2528001%2529.jpg

Hope this helps you.

Cheers for that Andy ... They look better than I thought ...I had an image of them drilling loads of holes in the bumper and body work to make them fit ...

They are actually quite neat & better than the 'clamp on' mud flaps. Just need to be aware of them when reversing up to kerbs as they hit kerb & fold over before wheel touches kerb.

i'll put them on the list .... :thumb :laugh2

Mats ordered and silver screen ordered...:)
Just need a Cali to put them in ... Lol

Back