Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessorise my Cali before delivery .?

Re: Accessorise my Cali before delivery .?

choplee said:
Mats ordered and silver screen ordered...:)
Just need a Cali to put them in ... Lol

Same here Lee :lol: We've got loads of accessories on order and no Cali :doh

I think I've ordered all of the usual bits and pieces like the mattress topper etc

I'm thinking about an awning but I'm still not sure which one to get?

Didn't get the topper , but got an awning. If you get a Vw one in black it's cheaper than a silver one a d I believe they work out cheaper than fiamma ( but don't quote me on it. ) lol ...
The Vw one comes with a rain catcher behind it to direct the rain onto the roof and not down the side of the van .. Not good when u have a drive away awning attached :-( .... Personally I think they look better without all the fiamma writing on them and didn't want a white one or silver anyway ....

Awning?? :?

It's standard on the Berghaus

m4rky said:
No sorry I meant a drive away awning as we have got the standard VW ordered already

oh sorry wrong end of the stick :crazy

i have a kyham motordome classic ....one person erect and good size :thumb

KernowLad said:
Lovely day of surfing, a bit of work and some pleasant time with the kids in the Cali today. :mrgreen:
Sounds perfect. How do you manage it....I have the kids, and the Cali... :headwall

Off to Conrwall for the week this weekend. :clap

Did someone mention that's it's mega money for a towbar if it's not done at the factory ?????

Ooh this is turning into one expensive week :lol:

Just ordered a Kyham Motordome Classic but got a good discount being a VIP Member and some help from Martin :thanks

m4rky said:
Ooh this is turning into one expensive week :lol:

Just ordered a Kyham Motordome Classic but got a good discount being a VIP Member and some help from Martin :thanks

They are a good bit of kit and your'll not be disappointed with it ... :)
I have a blue one , but need to swop for a grey one ..:-(

choplee said:
Did someone mention that's it's mega money for a towbar if it's not done at the factory ?????

OEM Westfalia Tow Bar & Westfalia electrics from PF Jones will sort you out.

Stu said:
choplee said:

OEM Westfalia Tow Bar & Westfalia electrics from PF Jones will sort you out.

Sounds expensive stu :-( ... I'm guessing a factory option would have been they way to go .. If I had that option ....

£155 for the bar & £50 for the electrics.

Stu said:
£155 for the bar & £50 for the electrics.

don't sound like the end of the world ....i may look into that at some point ..cheers stu :thumb

I did mine on the A4 when I got it. Westfalia is the factory part and is detachable. The swan neck fits in the tool storage behind the rear seat.

Stu said:
I did mine on the A4 when I got it. Westfalia is the factory part and is detachable. The swan neck fits in the tool storage behind the rear seat.

got to be cheaper than vw ... :thumb .......and it's either side bars or tow bar ...lol ..

always wanted a tow bar ...had more cars and van i can recall,but none with a towbar :sad

think it will be ok with the lowered springs stu .?

The electrics for the tow bar need to go rite up to the dash, the computer alters the brake balance when towing. If you tow something heavy without full wiring then you will wear out rear van breaks & it will not be covered by warranty.
This is why VW charge so much for fitting a tow bar, kitchen & wardrobe have to come out I believe.

Alex from SMG has already stated this in another thread somewhere.

Andy said:
The electrics for the tow bar need to go rite up to the dash, the computer alters the brake balance when towing. If you tow something heavy without full wiring then you will wear out rear van breaks & it will not be covered by warranty.
This is why VW charge so much for fitting a tow bar, kitchen & wardrobe have to come out I believe.

Alex from SMG has already stated this in another thread somewhere.

not much change out of a £1k i think .....alot more than factory fit ... :crazy

Been to sort out to see where the cali was ....accessories that the wife wanted i threw off the list to buy after ,as so much cheaper :thumb

Ditched the mud flaps ,as the factory ones are far slicker and less commercial than the VW dealer fit ones ...
it's like i cannot spend anymore money ..."well" realistic money that is :lol:

bluetooth would be lovely and to use on the mfsw and a good ipod connection ...not the best dealer option i feel :doh

Don't whatever you do buy the dealer fit Bluetooth :doh

Stu said:
Don't whatever you do buy the dealer fit Bluetooth :doh

i was hoping to have a camp out somewhere at some point and meet my most favorite cali owner to maybe assist me in my bluetooth issue :cool: ;)

yours up and running ok stu ,.?

Yes mate, top drawer thanks. Got all the voice control sorted from the MFSW now so we're hot to trot.

If you want to get hold of the kit we might be able to get it done + Hollands Wood in June if you fancy it. :lol:

Put me down for an audio lesson stu I am a complete airhead when it comes to ice
I have a vw bluetooth kit that works with the iPhone but I'm not sure how to pair up for music :headwall :headwall

Back