Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accuracy of water gauges

G

gatvol

Have just picked up my new Cali. The freshwater gauge seems to work OK

I have cycled three tanks of water through the waste though and the sensor is useless. FIrst time it went from empty to full with no intermediate steps. It now shows empty even after I have put 30 litres of water into it

I am going out this afternoon in it and hoped that water sloshing about in the tanks might get the gauges working properly - if not I was wondering about taking back to the dealer. I am generally loathed to ask dealers to do things as in the past I have found that getting minor issues done on cars under warranty can lead to dealers doing more damage to the car than it is worth - cobbling screws, causing rattles, scratching things etc etc

Are the water gauges any good please ? - or is this a minor niggle I just forget about ?

Many thanks

The waste water gauge is a strange one and no mistake.
The gauge on ours never shows empty it always has one bar showing.
We pretty much never use the waste tank though so isn't a problem for us.

I know what you mean about dealers damaging things though.
Ours is going in tomorrow for some more warranty work, although I've been very pleased with the dealer we use now they did manage to break some trim when replacing a blind the other week.
The dealer we bought the cali from were an absolute disgrace and showed it no respect at all.

My fresh water tank gauges appears to be stuck on two bars - my only issue so far. Will call the local dealers and get it sorted ASAP. Not exactly urgent though!

Back