Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adaptive Cruise Spec

P

petwar

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I am looking to buy a new California Ocean and interested to know if the adaptive cruise goes down to "0" I have an Audi with traffic assist and I'd like to know if it works in the same way. Thanks

Not sure if this is what you mean but it will bring the vehicle to a standstill and then alert you that you need to depress the brake pedal.

ACC is probably my favourite feature on the Cali. Makes driving a delight.
And you can re-engage at just a few kph.

Top tech for driving without a doubt.

Agreed

The Ocean is an SE trim, on the Golf SE its included.
Apples and oranges.

The Ocean is a 2 sear bench Beach with a kitchen and wardrobe (or the Beach is an Ocean without a kitchen etc.)

The Golf SE is a higher spec Golf.

You might just have a point is in the UK we had a Beach, Coast and Ocean, with the Ocean being a higher spec Coast, but we don't.

It's just a rip off that you have to pay extra for it....been standard on golf's for years.
I disagree, with cars, the UK marketing department come up with a model spec they think will sell compared to their competitors. They might even come up with a variant name that is only available in this country and put in it whatever spec they want.
also some of the tech that was considered a paid for extra in the past has been adopted into regulations so has had to become part of the base spec, like in the past abs brakes were an extra, now mandatory.
Other stuff will follow, as did, drl's, TPMS, airbags and soon autonomous emergency braking will form part of the regulatory minimum.

If you look at the evolution of the SE California, each year there was a price rise and each year what were Options were added to the basic spec. In its final year there were in fact very few "Options" that weren't cosmetic or drivetrain related.

Back