Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue warning (or lack of)

M

MarkRubinstein

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

I cannot remember when I last topped up with Adblue (it may have been this summer) but the range indicator doesn't seem to have dropped - in fact it has grown! I think it used to say 3,500 miles (it is a T6 which I understand has a smaller Adblue tank than the T6.1) but is now saying 5,000 miles.

Should I be worried that the sensor is not playing up? About a year ago our wiring loom was eaten by rodents and we had lots of lights up (including Adblue warning) and had to have it expensively repaired so it could perhaps be this.

And if the sensor is playing up and we run out of Adblue what effect does this have on the engine?

Should i just top up anyway?

Thank you

Hi

I cannot remember when I last topped up with Adblue (it may have been this summer) but the range indicator doesn't seem to have dropped - in fact it has grown! I think it used to say 3,500 miles (it is a T6 which I understand has a smaller Adblue tank than the T6.1) but is now saying 5,000 miles.

Should I be worried that the sensor is not playing up? About a year ago our wiring loom was eaten by rodents and we had lots of lights up (including Adblue warning) and had to have it expensively repaired so it could perhaps be this.

And if the sensor is playing up and we run out of Adblue what effect does this have on the engine?

Should i just top up anyway?

Thank you
The range is Predictive based on the type of driving. Short trips Low range, long trips High Range so the range will vary.
As there are no errors showing you will get a notification at about 650 miles range with the amount to top up.
If you run out of Adblue whilst driving nothing happens until Next Start, when it won't start. No harm to the engine. But you will get plenty of warnings.

Back