Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Additional 3 Pin Socket

fozzybear

fozzybear

fozzybear63
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello, I am thinking that I would like to have a or a number of 3 pin sockets outside of the California instead of a trailing extension lead coming from indoors. I am thinking that I could somehow connect into the main hook up cable. It would just be nice for example to be able to plug in a kettle or a small induction hob outdoors without the need to run one through the van. Appreciate that too many items connected will cause a problem so thing two sockets would be max.

Any ideas?

I have one of these;

F527C787-83E8-4AFB-A1ED-B61798B8D2D6.jpeg

I run the power into the awning, this gives me the LED light and USB power, then a short cable from the reel under the van and into the side. Sounds a faff, but takes a minute to set up. I think the forum shop sell them too.

again. I carry this. for such an occasion and small.the splitter is the best option though I reckon. and then a converter like in my pic. edit. go outdoors sell them. and if your in ccc you get 15 percent off if you show your card. boom. I'm full of top tips today

91715.jpg

I have one of these;

View attachment 33973

I run the power into the awning, this gives me the LED light and USB power, then a short cable from the reel under the van and into the side. Sounds a faff, but takes a minute to set up. I think the forum shop sell them too.
Do you have a splitter at the van end or at the supply end?

Do you have a splitter at the van end or at the supply end?

I have the reel in the awning so it’s just one cable from the supply post. I run it under the van so the reel is near the sliding door. Then I run my short cable from the reel again under the van and into the EHU plug as normal.

The reel is quite useful, it has a single LED that you can leave on as a night light, or the main LEDs are bright enough as a main light.

I have the reel in the awning so it’s just one cable from the supply post. I run it under the van so the reel is near the sliding door. Then I run my short cable from the reel again under the van and into the EHU plug as normal.

The reel is quite useful, it has a single LED that you can leave on as a night light, or the main LEDs are bright enough as a main light.
Exactly what I am looking for. I guess that you have then a further extension with a plug socket at one of the ends. Thanks for your help with this It great to know that support is out there.

Exactly what I am looking for. I guess that you have then a further extension with a plug socket at one of the ends. Thanks for your help with this It great to know that support is out there.

What I have is an ordinary lead that I use direct to the van, if I am not bothering with an awning. That’s the lead that, with an adapter as below, I also use for my monthly battery charge at home or to my reel.

5EDBF03C-D8AB-4576-99FB-075618C99030.jpeg

I use this to plug in the Cali to hook-up , and you can plug a additional two pin extensionlead in it to do other stuff.
Guess it must exist combined with a three pin UK outlet also
Fits all the needs the OP wants....and no need to carry extra stuff
IMG_1338.JPG

I use this to plug in the Cali to hook-up , and you can plug a additional two pin extensionlead in it to do other stuff.
View attachment 34023
Never seen that in the UK.

View attachment 34023

If only it did exist in the UK.

I have a incoming lead with two 16A sockets daisy-chained close to the van end. This provides for an additional socket on the outside for my use OR as is typical in France connect a neighbour when there is a shortage of site outlets.

View attachment 34023
Thats exactly what I am looking for. I think I have someone who's going to make one of these up with a water tight three plug(s) complete with an extension at around 5m together with a connection for my existing hook up cable.

Is it save to assume that the unit fits ok into the van, the supplier wasn't sue if it would.

The one shown on the pic above is exact the one use and fits nicely
Bought in the Netherlands at a campingshop .
This sure must be availeble in the UK version?

The one shown on the pic above is exact the one use and fits nicely
Bought in the Netherlands at a campingshop .
This sure must be availeble in the UK version?
I've never been able to find one in the UK, maybe because it is only two pin. We require an earth connection on such sockets and non reversible polarity.