Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro 2 pin socket

greenp

greenp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all... Does anyone know if I can get an adapter that converts the 2 pin euro socket behind the passenger's seat to a 3 pin socket.... I know I can only draw 150 watts front his point but would like to plug a UK 3 pin plug in when not hooked up to mains... Thanks Paul

Offcoarse there are converter sockets for that...search the www;)

Hi Paul,

Yes, I have one,

but if you search for one the socket in the Cali is a peculiar shape.

You may want to try a few cali accessory places

Hi all... Does anyone know if I can get an adapter that converts the 2 pin euro socket behind the passenger's seat to a 3 pin socket.... I know I can only draw 150 watts front his point but would like to plug a UK 3 pin plug in when not hooked up to mains... Thanks Paul
This is what you need but it is expensive from this company.
http://www.***************.com/product.php?prod=251

You can also get USB compatible plugs that give the standard USB output.

If you mean the inverter socket on the b pillar then I bought a multi adapter from the club shop

Sent from my Galaxy S6

If you mean the inverter socket on the b pillar then I bought a multi adapter from the club shop

Sent from my Galaxy S6
Unfortunately the Forum Shop no longer sells them, but they were the same as in my link in my previous post, but cheaper.

ours came from ebay

Are there any other uses for the inverter socket other than charging phones/laptops?

Thanks everyone... Fantastic forum Fantastic people....very helpful. .. Best Paul

oooohhh, get you.:)

Yes, but it won't charge my macbook, something about the sine profile...

not that I would have a clue what that means, I know more about sin than sine:shocked

Ok,I use one of these for usb charging, usually overnight in the cab 12v sockets61dQmon1sML._SL1200_.jpg

I've got those the kitchen and front ash tray sockets. Most useful.

My macbook charger lives plugged into the otherwise inaccessible 12V socket by the bench seat, the lead long enough to charge my macbook on the move when it's tucked into the drivers seatback pocket.

Planning ahead and will be wanting my MacBook Air in the Cali. Not something I've needed to do before and just looking for some confirmation on which particular option people are using? Presumably off one of the USB's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Planning ahead and will be wanting my MacBook Air in the Cali. Not something I've needed to do before and just looking for some confirmation on which particular option people are using? Presumably off one of the USB's

I use a USB Lavolta from Amazon.

It stays plugged into the USB socket between bench seat and sliding door which means macbook in rear seat pocket can be charged on the move.

IMG_0198.jpg

Thanks will have a look

I use a USB Lavolta from Amazon.

It stays plugged into the USB socket between bench seat and sliding door which means macbook in rear seat pocket can be charged on the move.

View attachment 12983
When you get a chance could you give me a link for that one. Don't think I'm looking at the same one. Ta

Mike,

I've just ordered one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007G5CJ1K/?tag=eliteelect-21

It's an adapter that will enable you to plug your original apple charger into the 2 pin euro socket which is fed from the invertor (so will work off the leisure battery). The one I've ordered is expensive but it is supposedly a genuine Apple accessory and since work has just bought me a shiny new macbook pro I'd better not risk blowing it up with a dodgy adapter.

There are much cheaper (approx £5) ones available on eBay. The risk should be minimal as I'm pretty sure the adapter is passive.

I should be getting it mid-week so I'll confirm whether it does the job.

Dave

Dave

Your a star. My other half says thank you as it's for her shiny MacBook Air and I don't want to blow that up either.

I will hold off to see how you get on as I haven't got a Cali to plug it into yet. I've got a room full of other stuff though.

But only stuff I need

Mike,

I've just ordered one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007G5CJ1K/?tag=eliteelect-21

It's an adapter that will enable you to plug your original apple charger into the 2 pin euro socket which is fed from the invertor (so will work off the leisure battery). The one I've ordered is expensive but it is supposedly a genuine Apple accessory and since work has just bought me a shiny new macbook pro I'd better not risk blowing it up with a dodgy adapter.

There are much cheaper (approx £5) ones available on eBay. The risk should be minimal as I'm pretty sure the adapter is passive.

I should be getting it mid-week so I'll confirm whether it does the job.

Dave
No probs Mike. Give me a nudge next weekend if I haven't posted an update.

Back