Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adjusting wind out awning

Taff7996

Taff7996

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have the factory fitted wind out awning on my 2017 Ocean, one of the arms still has a slight bend when the other one is fully extended.
Also, the front arm is a slightly over the vans sliding door, I've just purchased a Comfortz awning room and feel that this arm should be further forward towards the front of the van, so that the sliding door is fully in the awning room
I've already downloaded the parts pdf from the vip section

Is the a guide to setting up and fine tune the arm

You have to be very careful altering the position of the arms otherwise it messes up the geometry and one end off the awning will not wind in fully. If you decide to experiment then mark the existing positions of the arms before moving them.
The reason the front a is in that position is so that the front door can be opened.

You have to be very careful altering the position of the arms otherwise it messes up the geometry and one end off the awning will not wind in fully. If you decide to experiment then mark the existing positions of the arms before moving them.
The reason the front a is in that position is so that the front door can be opened.
I would mark the original position, but moving the arm forward to be Inline with the b pillar shouldn't' affect the drivers door opening