Advice needed on how to sell campervan

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We have a 1996 Toyota Granvia that we are trying to sell. We have it on Auto Trader, preloved, the Toyota Granvia forum and keep parking it in strategic places with a for sale sign displayed. We are about to drop it to £10 k even though the people who we bought it from think it is worth £12k.

Anyone have any bright ideas what else we can try?!

I think I found it on Auto Trader (01625 number) and it looks very nice. Being a niche vehicle, I should imagine there would be an owner's club/forum and maybe that would be a good place to advertise.

Getting people's attention may the the key, maybe you could scatter some keywords "similar to a VW California DSG for a fraction of the price" etc. Also, anyone on the lookout for a Hilux camper would be interested but may not think to look for "Granvia" so mention of Hilux may pull someone in.

Maybe someone on here has a friend who would like one?

Good luck!

You could try putting it on a classified advert on Ebay, there's also Gumtree. I wouldn't put the price down just yet, you often find that it takes a while for the right buyer to come along so try and be patient. They were like buses when I sold my old van last year.

It's a good time of year to sell but it's worth reviewing your advert to see if it's as effective as possible. Make sure there are lots of good photos, including a few holiday snaps on campsites as you're selling a lifestyle, not just a van. Put as much detail into the description as possible. The photos get the first interest but it's the little details that will have people going back and mulling over the advert whilst considering giving you a call.

It's worth preparing a list of the points that you want to highlight to any prospective purchasers when they visit. It's easy to forget something in the short window you get to make a sale. Be realistic with any offers you get if you haven't had much interest. If you've got a load of buyers lined up to visit then say so to the prospective purchaser and stick to your guns on price. Above all, make sure the van is spotlessly clean.

Best of luck!

I think I found it on Auto Trader (01625 number) and it looks very nice. Being a niche vehicle, I should imagine there would be an owner's club/forum and maybe that would be a good place to advertise.

Getting people's attention may the the key, maybe you could scatter some keywords "similar to a VW California DSG for a fraction of the price" etc. Also, anyone on the lookout for a Hilux camper would be interested but may not think to look for "Granvia" so mention of Hilux may pull someone in.

Good luck!
Good ideas. Thx

Than
You could try putting it on a classified advert on Ebay, there's also Gumtree. I wouldn't put the price down just yet, you often find that it takes a while for the right buyer to come along so try and be patient. They were like buses when I sold my old van last year.

It's a good time of year to sell but it's worth reviewing your advert to see if it's as effective as possible. Make sure there are lots of good photos, including a few holiday snaps on campsites as you're selling a lifestyle, not just a van. Put as much detail into the description as possible. The photos get the first interest but it's the little details that will have people going back and mulling over the advert whilst considering giving you a call.

It's worth preparing a list of the points that you want to highlight to any prospective purchasers when they visit. It's easy to forget something in the short window you get to make a sale. Be realistic with any offers you get if you haven't had much interest. If you've got a load of buyers lined up to visit then say so to the prospective purchaser and stick to your guns on price. Above all, make sure the van is spotlessly clean.

Best of luck!
thankyou for this :thumb We now have a significant deposit on our van at an acceptable price. It was viewings central this week and we got 3 offers. :bananadance

Strangely there was nothing until the first ad ended and then bedlam.
Don't know if it was because the price was right +£10k or whether it was because the sun started shining and the weather warmed up. A Lovely couple are going to start their adventures in her as their first campervan experience.

Spare a thought (and a box of tissues) for me on Friday as they drive her away :) :( :)

Good luck!
I think these tips helped people to find her on line. Certainly had a lot of viewings and watches. :thumb

Best of luck!
The comment on the photos was appreciated. We drove into the peak district in the sunshine for a photo shoot that must have helped too :thumb