Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on rear wiper on ocean

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
can anyone advise please
I have a new California Ocean 204 DSG 4motion 204. It came from the dealer with a VW (kylie) bike rack fitted. I notice that my rear wiper does not work but the washer does. Will the wiper have been disabled with the bike rack being fitted as the gap between the wiper and rack appears close. If this is the case will the dealer have just pulled fuse 25 behind the wine cooler? I have not checked yet thought someone might be able to shed some light before I start taking any panels out.

Hi Steve. That wouldn’t make any sense as the bike rack is removable.

Panel comes out easily to check and is as you say Fuse 25

Pic courtesy of @Loz in case you don’t have it.

e8e4620558bb8c478425ca37b1c06f36.png

Mike

Mike
Thanks Mike.
I thought disabling the rear wiper would be odd. I will check the fuse tomorrow failing that it will be back to the VW dealership Monday.
Many thanks.

Hopefully your just unlucky with a fuse popping.

Mike

can anyone advise please
I have a new California Ocean 204 DSG 4motion 204. It came from the dealer with a VW (kylie) bike rack fitted. I notice that my rear wiper does not work but the washer does. Will the wiper have been disabled with the bike rack being fitted as the gap between the wiper and rack appears close. If this is the case will the dealer have just pulled fuse 25 behind the wine cooler? I have not checked yet thought someone might be able to shed some light before I start taking any panels out.
Steve we have a bike rack and the wiper works. Hope you get this sorted.

Mike
Very useful diagram. I have printed and added to the instruction wallet in the van. Thank you.

I had the same problem where my rear wiper had never worked from new, after checking the fuse I took it into our VW dealer who said the fuse had been put in the wrong place from the factory !!

Back