Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mystery dripping noise at night

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Was away this weekend on the south coast.

I woke around 3am to hear a dripping sound, every 4-5 seconds which seemed to be coming from the rear in the wardrobe area. Pretty sure it wasn't there when I went to sleep.

I'd brimmed the water tank before leaving and was concerned it could be leaking, so opened the valve to empty it. Dripping continued until I fell asleep around 20 minutes later. In the morning the dripping noise had gone.

Any ideas?

I did go outside when I first heard it and I did notice quite a lot of condensation on the side of the van, so I'm wondering if it could have been that.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Concerned I might have a water leak in the tank / pipework.

The fridge? Mine leaves a pool after a while when it’s on working hard.

Turn off the fridge and the sound will no longer be there .
Been asked before in various other threads.

The fridge? Mine leaves a pool after a while when it’s on working hard.
I guess that could be an option, I do get water in the fridge compartment after a few days, but just have a hunch it is something else

Turn off the fridge and the sound will no longer be there .
Been asked before in various other threads.
I can hear when the fridge compressor is running and when the dripping was happening the fridge was definitely off.

It's not the condens in the fridge , but the cooling engine that makes the noise.

The dripping is almost certainly condensation or light rain running down the elevated roof and dripping on to the metal roof adjacent to the rear door, we use a strip of towel placed under the lower rear edge of the raising roof to stop the noise when it rains.

The dripping is almost certainly condensation or light rain running down the elevated roof and dripping on to the metal roof adjacent to the rear door, we use a strip of towel placed under the lower rear edge of the raising roof to stop the noise when it rains.

There was definitely no rain, but did wonder afterwards if it could have been condensation running down the roof - have you every experienced dripping just based on condensation?

Back