Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

After market battery generator and control switch.

Hello @dominichayhoe would you mind explaining further - are you using the Jackery as a ‘wired up’ inverter in the van - are you taking Jackery power from the Van plug sockets when you’re not on EHU?

How do you charge the Jackery when off grid?

Hello @dominichayhoe would you mind explaining further - are you using the Jackery as a ‘wired up’ inverter in the van - are you taking Jackery power from the Van plug sockets when you’re not on EHU?
The Jackery plugs into the socket you can see from it’s 3 pin sockets and makes all the van sockets live by switching the changeover switch to position 2.

This is good to know as we were wondering if we could connect our Jackery to the Cali to charge the leisure battery if we needed to.
We only have a 250 as only used for camping just to charge phones and lights when no EHU but may upgrade to the 1000. We also have the Jackery solar panel.
So have you connected the Jackery via a domestic 3 pin plug and then into a hook up cable plug? We don't have one of these inside so I assume we'd use the one on the outside?

This is good to know as we were wondering if we could connect our Jackery to the Cali to charge the leisure battery if we needed to.
We only have a 250 as only used for camping just to charge phones and lights when no EHU but may upgrade to the 1000. We also have the Jackery solar panel.
So have you connected the Jackery via a domestic 3 pin plug and then into a hook up cable plug? We don't have one of these inside so I assume we'd use the one on the outside?
Have you? or you have?

You can see in the photo I have added a hook up inside the van, but you can of course use your external one.

Im guessing your 250 would work as long as the battery charger pulls less than 250w, which Id think it would.

Have you? or you have?

You can see in the photo I have added a hook up inside the van, but you can of course use your external one.

Im guessing your 250 would work as long as the battery charger pulls less than 250w, which Id think it would.
Plugged in my River pro to the GC hook up and it (the river pro) was showing a load of 300W

I’ve measured the current draw of my T6 Cali on hookup and the most it took was 282W with the display showing 13V 14.8A. It appears to be current limited because when I then turned the fridge on it took 251W. After a couple of hours it was taking 111W with display showing 14.2V 4.4A, this is without the fridge on. And with the fridge on 157W and display 14.1V 4.2A

Back