Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AG7 vs. DSG Gearbox ? and DNAA vs. CXHA/CXFA Engine ?

Corgimajor

Corgimajor

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I finally got round to skim reading all the contents of my T6.1 "Multivan" Owners Manual (Edition 06:2022) that came with our Cali Ocean. Near the back (pages 405 - to 408) it sets out the technical specs for all the diesel engine multilane models (they've listed the 81kW, 110kW, 146 kW and the 150 kw engined models). I was interested to read that our model (110 kW) corresponds to engine code DNAA. This code is confirmed on the driver door production plate and on the official release paperwork from the Wolfsburg factory (our van rolled off the production line and was signed off on 12/09/2022). However in the handbook the tech spec for this engine code indicates it is paired with an auto gearbox with code "AG7" (or a manual gearbox "SG6"). On the same page they had the near identical specs for the 110 kW model with the engine code CXHA, only this engine model is paired with the SG6 (manual gearbox) or the DSG7 (auto gearbox). Over the page there is another 110 kW model with engine code CXFA again with a pairing of SG6 and DSG7 gearbox.

I purchased a California Ocean with a DSG7 spec (as that was the only auto spec on offer) and so I'm now wondering if I was actually delivered one? Does anyone know what the difference is between an AG7 and DSG7 gearbox? Could this be a typo or is the manual is out of date and all 110 kW Multivans now have a DSG gearbox? I tried to Google how you know what VW gearbox you have and some guidance referred to looking at the gearbox bell housing (sounds tricky) or someone said it says DSG on the gear lever (mine doesn't - but this could be an out or date view from someone).

This could be a wild goose chase, but I'd be interested to know from anyone else that purchased a 110 kW (i.e. 150 PS) Cali Ocean that was delivered last year (from say October) what their Engine Code is (i.e. is it a DNAA, CXHA or CXFA - look at production plate on Driver Side B pillar to find out) and whether their gear lever has any "DSG" identification on it? In meantime I'm going to email VW Group Services GMBH in Hannover and ask them the same question.

I'd also be interested to know if the Multivan owners manual has a newer edition (than 06.2022) and whether these tech specs for the 110 kW diesel DNAA engine have changed?

I finally got round to skim reading all the contents of my T6.1 "Multivan" Owners Manual (Edition 06:2022) that came with our Cali Ocean. Near the back (pages 405 - to 408) it sets out the technical specs for all the diesel engine multilane models (they've listed the 81kW, 110kW, 146 kW and the 150 kw engined models). I was interested to read that our model (110 kW) corresponds to engine code DNAA. This code is confirmed on the driver door production plate and on the official release paperwork from the Wolfsburg factory (our van rolled off the production line and was signed off on 12/09/2022). However in the handbook the tech spec for this engine code indicates it is paired with an auto gearbox with code "AG7" (or a manual gearbox "SG6"). On the same page they had the near identical specs for the 110 kW model with the engine code CXHA, only this engine model is paired with the SG6 (manual gearbox) or the DSG7 (auto gearbox). Over the page there is another 110 kW model with engine code CXFA again with a pairing of SG6 and DSG7 gearbox.

I purchased a California Ocean with a DSG7 spec (as that was the only auto spec on offer) and so I'm now wondering if I was actually delivered one? Does anyone know what the difference is between an AG7 and DSG7 gearbox? Could this be a typo or is the manual is out of date and all 110 kW Multivans now have a DSG gearbox? I tried to Google how you know what VW gearbox you have and some guidance referred to looking at the gearbox bell housing (sounds tricky) or someone said it says DSG on the gear lever (mine doesn't - but this could be an out or date view from someone).

This could be a wild goose chase, but I'd be interested to know from anyone else that purchased a 110 kW (i.e. 150 PS) Cali Ocean that was delivered last year (from say October) what their Engine Code is (i.e. is it a DNAA, CXHA or CXFA - look at production plate on Driver Side B pillar to find out) and whether their gear lever has any "DSG" identification on it? In meantime I'm going to email VW Group Services GMBH in Hannover and ask them the same question.

I'd also be interested to know if the Multivan owners manual has a newer edition (than 06.2022) and whether these tech specs for the 110 kW diesel DNAA engine have changed?
Hi, I cannot answer your query , but I would just point out that this Forum, although it has some very knowledgeable members when it comes to the vehicle mechanics is more about the camping side of things. The T6 Forum, however, is much more orientated towards the mechanical/engineering and electrical/electronic side of the vehicle. You are more likely to get a timely answer to your query there.

From reading the info below the DSG is a Dual Clutch and the AG7 is a conventional clutch which is electronically operated ie no clutch pedal but a computer operated one (if yo follow) our Citroen has that system called EAT Electronic Activated Transmission.

The AG would not be as smooth a gear change as the DSG.

Pretty sure they are the same thing, only difference over the years in VAG range was 6 or 7 speed direct shift gearbox.

Could just be a typo in the handbook

Hi, I cannot answer your query , but I would just point out that this Forum, although it has some very knowledgeable members when it comes to the vehicle mechanics is more about the camping side of things. The T6 Forum, however, is much more orientated towards the mechanical/engineering and electrical/electronic side of the vehicle. You are more likely to get a timely answer to your query there.

Thanks for guidance, I appreciate it. Beyond any technical insights I would just be interested to know if any other new 150 PS T6.1 Ocean owners have DNAA engine codes on their production plate or may instead have the CXHA or CXFA engine codes - and then whether there is anything on those vehicles to identify whether the gearbox is a DSG (e.g. a "DSG" emblem on the gear lever?).

Back