Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG gearbox recall

For me the sensors worked fine. I heard the beeping clearly for a couple of beeps, as I approached the 1.5ft high post. Then nothing until the crunch, as the post had passed behind the range of the sensors, and the crack is clearly between both of them....

I now look and look again!

sidepod said:
[quote="KernowLad]My wife clipped our Cali on a low wall. Fixed that then she reversed our car (with reversing sensors) into another one…

Nothing since she was 17 then two crunches in a few months - DOH!! :headbang

So out of interest, what did she assume the beeping noise and visual display of the car, very close to an obstical, was trying to tell her?

S.[/quote][/quote]

Ours is just a beeping sound (no i-drive - I hate it!) and it was actually damage to the rear wheel arch but even so… :headbang

The Cali error was a misjudged low wall - seems quite common! It gave me an excuse to fit side bars though :mrgreen:

When I was debating whether to buy a Cali or not I decided to hire one for a week.

I came home with it and my sister had parked in the place on the drive I wanted to park it in, one where I had room to raise the roof.

I was not pleased with my Sister and her parking. A week earlier she had reversed my X3 into the drive having a close encounter with a gate post on the way.

She humbly, sheepishly, drove out so i could reverse in to the designated place, terribly apologetically stood and watched as I reversed in ......

And crunched into the gate post!

20 miles in a Cali and my first crunch in 30 years whilst a watching Sister collapsed into an hysterically laughing heap.

Oh dear Jen,
And you have to take it back to……….? Oli at BVS? or someone else maybe.
Happiness this is not.
However, despite this little setback I hope that you enjoy the van and are converted. Even those of us who complain think it is a great vehicle.

David

It was not Oli, was before I joined this forum.

Despite the modifications I, and my two doggies, enjoyed our time in the van brilliantly, so really looking forward to january.

Oh, before then i have some landscape gardeners coming in to modify our drive entranceway :D

Sounds a good idea, presumably to reduce the risk of post crunching!

Back