Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California

Roy K

Roy K

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, am considering buying a 2016 T6 California, it has the 110 kw engine with the dog auto gearbox. Thoughts on this please, just New to this and it’s not the most powerful engine unit, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:welcome

I don't hear many people saying their Cali is underpowered, have you driven the one you're looking at?

Thanks, all new to me plus the van is I. The South Island of NZ and I am in the north, just checking things out before the next move...appreciate your comments

Reactions: Sad
Given the speed limits in NZ, the enthusiastic enforcement and the eye-watering fines, I would say 110kW is more than enough. Still smarting from the cost of being caught doing 55 in a 50 limit on an empty road on a Sunday morning in 2002!

£180. And I had to go to a police station in person to pay. I could, of course, have just left the country without paying, but I hoped to go back. It is a glorious country to visit.

We have the 150bhp diesel and I do find it under powered when fully loaded with a family of four plus camping gear and bikes. That said it's a very relaxed drive with the DSG and I don't feel the need to thrash it around anyway. My previous vehicle was a 210bhp manual Mini so it took some getting used to.

The 204bhp made the Cali too expensive for us but I reckon in real world driving fully loaded as above on hilly motorways it would probably more economical.

Back