Air awning compatibility with factory awning

• Thread starter AronMartonVWCali
  • Start date
A

AronMartonVWCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi fellows,

I'm preparing to by a drive out air awning. I have a '23 Cali Ocean with factory awning. The air awning have to be attached somehow to the factory one? Or i have to remove the factory one to use the support rail? Probably i will buy a Vango air awning.
Thank's in advance for your advices!

Cheers:

Aron

Hi fellows,

I'm preparing to by a drive out air awning. I have a '23 Cali Ocean with factory awning. The air awning have to be attached somehow to the factory one? Or i have to remove the factory one to use the support rail? Probably i will buy a Vango air awning.
Thank's in advance for your advices!

Cheers:

Aron
Hi, No need to remove the factory awning. it will attach to the leading edge of the factory roller awning…or on the other side of the van in the vans multirail which runs front to back.

Just need a kador strip to join the awning to van.

Thank you do you mean the round place along the end of the factory awning(attached a pic)?
cb383e1e3621f38c9b6a6196a2226d32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wind out the sun awning a few inches. Alternatively, the plastic figure of 8 strips can slot over the top outer edge of the sun awning (sometimes the kador strip interferes with the side door opening/closing when attaching to the bottom slot).

Just wind out the sun awning a few inches. Alternatively, the plastic figure of 8 strips can slot over the top outer edge of the sun awning (sometimes the kador strip interferes with the side door opening/closing when attaching to the bottom slot).
Yeah I tried both on my new awning last week and it’s much easier to attach to the top, gives better clearance on the door and makes the tunnel section tighter, all in all a win win, the only downside was I paid for the kador strip and only really needed the figure of eight pieces!

Yeah I tried both on my new awning last week and it’s much easier to attach to the top, gives better clearance on the door and makes the tunnel section tighter, all in all a win win, the only downside was I paid for the kador strip and only really needed the figure of eight pieces!
If you use your awning regularly as a drive-away, the kador strip can still be useful, although you’d need a second set of fig of 8 strips. Pulling out a kador strip is the quickest way to detach the awning from the van.

Just reading this thread and realised we’ve only used the ‘one version’ of attaching drive away awning, ie the Kador strip plus figure of 8 plastic strips.
How exactly does the use of only fig of 8 strips work, where on the van awning do they attach.

Just reading this thread and realised we’ve only used the ‘one version’ of attaching drive away awning, ie the Kador strip plus figure of 8 plastic strips.
How exactly does the use of only fig of 8 strips work, where on the van awning do they attach.
They clip on top of the awning rail. Then wind it in to trap them tight