Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alcantara seat option, help needed.

S

Shadrack

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
Hopefully this is my last query before I place order for new Cali Ocean.
Thank you everyone that read and has replied to my other earlier threads... It has been so helpful.

I do like the light colour of moonrock grey that comes as standard. The brochure states that as an option I could upgrade the seats to Alcantara. A leather look.
It does sound a good upgrade.

But apart from the stamp sized picture of the material in the brochure I have no idea of their looks.

Are there any of the other interior pictures in the sales brochure showing Alcatara seats?
Or maybe someone could point me towards a picture/s showing an interior with these seats?

Any personal experience or opinions on these seats or this upgrade will be really welcome...

Thank you...

14373c4d59fcd79da403d207ec90e154.jpg
2fb910e156d3547f37e45935aeaf036f.jpg

Pics from elsewhere on site.

I think they look very good though not sure if they are a different shade from the cloth alternative. Also not sure if any of the rest of the trim changes with the Alcantara option such as plastics and floor covering.

May attract protesters upset at the use of the hide of the endangered Peruvian Alcantar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look a nice seat... It's hard to see how the shade would match up. But thank you.
I will try and calm the Peruvians with a bevy or two......o_O

These photos are from a transporter with Alcantara fitted. The photo makes the centre suede cloth look lighter than in the flesh. The seats look black / black rather than the black / grey in the photos

Thanks Jonny...

I'm really confused, what is the name of the top pictures with the lighter leather, I thought that was alcantara!! Coz that's what we thought we have ordered. Now thinking it's the dark version( not to our taste at all!) having a mild panic. Can someone advise

Hi Speleo,
It is right confusing.
Now with all my research today I do believe the top pic kindly supplied by Tomc is Moonrock Grey Alacantara. (It is what I think I require too)
The darker lower picture is anthracite or titanium Alacantara...

I am hoping that the top is a direct replacement for the Vally moonrock grey cloth seats.

But I have no way of confirming... The actual brochure is none helpful and getting the info from dealers seems impossible...

I may try and phone VW customer services tomorrow.

Hi Speleo,
I have stumble across the following link.

http://vtp.audi.com/apartner/controller.do?act=offer&carid=DEU5098952152#tab/tab_1

It's a German advert (I don't read German)

I shows a t6 Cali Ocean. The description I think states it has Alcantara moonrock grey seating. The pictures of the interior do match that of the top pictures in my thread.
If we have a someone who understands German will help confirm.
But based on that I will I think be ordering the Alcantara for my Cali... And hope for the best....

95% sure the pics I posted are what you get for ocean alcantara. I think it looks much better than the cloth option which to my makes the van look really dated. I'm sure other love it. I tried to change my build to the Alcantara option but it was too late in build process. I've booked it in to have leather fitted when delivered and asked them to copy stitch pattern of factory fit Alcantara. If I was you I would go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had Alcantara on our T5 and found it very serviceable, particular bonus is the leather edge to the cab seats. We did however get some matching grey towels the exact size of the seat swabs and cover them when cooking or when returning from the beach etc to just keep them pristine.

The standard Moonrock colour (the light one) what makes the interior look very bright, the darker (titanium) IMO makes it inside look a bit drab.

T6 on order with Moonrock Alcantara trim, say no more!

Those top lighter pictures are from my T6 Ocean in Mojave Beige. Yes, it's alcantara and we love it.

We took a total gamble when we ordered back in August but really pleased with it!

Wow! :bananadance
You have blown me away with your responses... It certainly looks the part.
Thank you for those brill pics Treecity. Thank you Tomc, Susibus and everyone for their input and tips.

I will be really happy finalising my order, either today or tomorrow. :thumb

Just have to decide now, is it black awning and rails or silver on a pearl onyx white.

Big thank you to all again.

Phew, that's a relief, have ordered the correct colour. We too have on order a mojave beige T6 ocean. Awaiting finalised build date. Thank you Shadrack for your info

Back