Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

Here you are:

100064-01.jpg

I removed the non-relevant info, blew-up Belgium, and added Europa, our beloved goddess ;)
Then ordered a self-adhesive photo print (with protective lamination) from the file since I wanted to keep the high resolution of the map (not possible via the vinyl printing services). I need a magnifying glass to discover the villages (post 48). The map on the picknick table (post 69) is a laminated roadmap of Belgium (with scenic roads legend), bought in a specialized travel bookshop.
The numbers of the post you find on top of each post.

Last edited:
Here you are:

View attachment 52433

I removed the non-relevant info, blew-up Belgium, and added Europa, our commonly beloved goddess ;)
Then ordered a self-adhesive photo print (with protective lamination) from the file since I wanted to keep the high resolution of the map (not possible via the vinyl printing services). I need a magnifying glass to discover the villages (post 48). The map on the picknick table (post 69) is a laminated roadmap of Belgium (with scenic roads legend), bought in a specialized travel bookshop.
Many thanks for the map and the Post info.

What size ridge monkey do you have?

Here you are:

View attachment 52433

I removed the non-relevant info, blew-up Belgium, and added Europa, our commonly beloved goddess ;)
Many thanks for the map and the Post info.
Neat positions of the fire extinguisher and blanket. Will steal that idea.
Me too.

... all posts have a number. For instance yours was #184. Look to the left of the "Reply" button
I would like to jump in here. How do you find a post number, when all you have is the number?

I enlarged my office/kitchen installation with some, yes, Ikea! :embarrased
Reused my favorite Lillången hooks, opened again a bottle for its plastic cork, and spent another smashing...8€! (Sunnersta series).

View attachment 37720 View attachment 37864

It takes some 30 seconds to mount/dismount and store it all in the small bench drawer.
Where did you get the little white shelf etc? Do you have a link, name etc for them?

Thank you.

Where did you get the little white shelf etc? Do you have a link, name etc for them?

Thank you.
You just copied the answer to your question in your reply. Ikea Sunnersta. 8€ for the whole set
The RidgeMonkey is the large Connect Combi Set (with removable handles).

You just copied the answer to your question in your reply. Ikea Sunnersta. 8€ for the whole set
The RidgeMonkey is the large Connect Combi Set (with removable handles).
Many thanks for all the info and ideas.

Damn you're good. That is some serious effort and creativity you've gone through to get the map as you want it. What line of work are you/were you in? Im intrigued ......

Here you are:

View attachment 52433

I removed the non-relevant info, blew-up Belgium, and added Europa, our beloved goddess ;)

Damn you're good. That is some serious effort and creativity you've gone through to get the map as you want it. What line of work are you/were you in? I'm intrigued ......
Thx! I'm an architect, but the work on the map just needs a minimum of knowledge of Photoshop. It just takes indeed some time to camouflage all these watermarks.
In the meantime the map-tables became more and more board games instead of informative tools. Once an ant determined the direction to follow... :).

Firstly thank you for your wonderful post - I have got lots of ideas for our new van - as a newbie it is always helpful to learn from others. On the strength of your post I bought two Outwell Baffin stools but I cannot fit them in with the chairs in the tailgate. Have you managed to get two stools and their table tops into the tailgate with the two chairs? If so, can you possibly explain how please (with photos maybe?)

Firstly thank you for your wonderful post - I have got lots of ideas for our new van - as a newbie it is always helpful to learn from others. On the strength of your post I bought two Outwell Baffin stools but I cannot fit them in with the chairs in the tailgate. Have you managed to get two stools and their table tops into the tailgate with the two chairs? If so, can you possibly explain how please (with photos maybe?)

Hi there! There’s indeed a trick to it.
You have to open them a tiny bit before sliding them in.
IMG_E0455.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thank you - I’m off outside to have another go - hopefully the neighbours won’t mind another bout of bad language!!!

Hi there Auberg-ine!

Your DIY's, Ikea hacks and organisation are really inspiring!

I just ordered my Cali Ocean 6.1, which should arrive in June or July. I'm so excited and I'm currently browsing all forums and videos about all little cali-hacks, organisation, "packing a Cali" blog articles, ..., ..., to make the perfect list of accessories for my van. :embarrased

As you seem to be an expert in those points, may I ask you something? I'm really interested in the Ikea Rimforsa kitchen flat rail, to hang the nice Rimforsa wooden basket, some hooks and maybe the wooden cutting board. Do you think is it possible to drill direct through the plastic part above the kitchen to screw the Rimforsa rail ?

Hi there Auberg-ine!

I just ordered my Cali Ocean 6.1, which should arrive in June or July. I'm so excited and I'm currently browsing all forums and videos about all little cali-hacks, organisation, "packing a Cali" blog articles, ..., ..., to make the perfect list of accessories for my van. :embarrased

As you seem to be an expert in those points, may I ask you something? I'm really interested in the Ikea Rimforsa kitchen flat rail, to hang the nice Rimforsa wooden basket, some hooks and maybe the wooden cutting board. Do you think is it possible to drill direct through the plastic part above the kitchen to screw the Rimforsa rail ?

Hello there! First thing about drilling holes: do it very slowly, you don't want to punch through and touch the electric wiring!
Having this kind of rails (on both sides) is super handy and useful. And the Rimforsa accessories are very nice indeed. I just have some concerns about the stainless steel hooks just hung over the square profile of the rail, afraid they will rattle/fall while driving. While the ones I used (Sunnersta) have an oval profile, on which the plastic hooks clips and don't move. And you could still hang your Rimforsa accessories on it if really wanted, even if I would suggest you to use the Sunnersta baskets (post 110), which also don't slide.

Edit: Using right now the Auberg-ine as a mobile Corona exile office.

Coronarter Mobile.jpg
Auberg-ine garden office.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a new owner looking for ideas; well you have certainly given me food for thought.
Thanks for the post, it's one of the most informative I've seen, even though I think most owners would leave behind a lot of what you take!

Hi there Auberg-ine!

Here’s another Ikea idea. Works for us as we leave the passenger seat facing forward (it’s the space for the dog to sleep and his go to space to chill out).
Uses various Ikea products: skadis peg boards and accessories, sunnersta pots, variera box. The boards are held in place by skadis bungies at the head and arm rests.
Thermos brand ss vacuum flasks keep liquids red hot for 24 hrs (or cold). We put left over boiled water in them for washing (us or the pots).
The kitchen roll holder is made from 2 “innocent” fruit juice bottle tops and a shoe lace. The toilet roll hangs by a shoelace too. The loose bits fit into the swing top bin when travelling..
only takes a minute to set up.

3E458F5F-B542-4050-A4A9-73BA8A0B1617.jpeg

My latest Corona Care Center:
1: wet tissues dispenser, made from Sunnersta pots
2: Medicinal herbs for tea and aroma treatments
3: Alcohol gel dispenser, in adapted glass holder
4: refined Alcohol
;-)

unnamed-5.jpg unnamed-4.jpg. unnamed-3.jpg

Edit: I have the Auberg-ine now Corona-stranded in the garden. I have an office in the house, but I'm writing this from the Cali. Nothing beats this wonderful birdwatch hut, warm reading club chair, writing desk-with-a-view, with one hand on the fridge, and the other controlling my own music. :cool:

Last edited:
Back