Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Aubie-wan (As in Star Wars Kenobi)

The plastic couldn’t really take the weight of the shelves very well and a few other design issues. Bigted is working towards some good solutions to have it working with the Sunnersta pots and hooks, not the shelves.

My pegboard solution can just be moved a little for driving and stay in the van permanently. All the bits pack away small (in the bin) for travelling and I only need to connect what we want for certain types of trips. It’s handy to have the rolls staying connected and our flasks held by the bungee. It’s really solid and takes only seconds to fit in place. Everything to go on it has a place in the van anyway but want it out for convenience.
"Use the Force" Elly. IKEA! ;) With the Lillången hooks you can use the bin as bin, the paper in pots, and the seat inclined.
In fact, that other Force should make the sliding doors out of these pegboards. I once thought of fixing one of the small boards onto the left door. But then I had to drill some holes,... :Grin

Bobbybus

Bobbybus

Learning how to be a hedonist...
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
No, just short self-tapping screws. Also, the bottom of the extinguisher is resting at the floor, so no extra vertical weight component.
For my bamboo lantern I just looped an elastic ribbon through the ventilation grille right behind.
Just a quick point: When your fire-extinguisher expires, you will need to purchase another and unless the replacement bracket is EXACTLY the same, you will need to drill even more holes!

Italiahorse

Italiahorse

VIP Member
Just a quick point: When your fire-extinguisher expires, you will need to purchase another and unless the replacement bracket is EXACTLY the same, you will need to drill even more holes!
Or modify the bracket by drilling the corresponding holes.
Use the old bracket as a template.

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
"Use the Force" Elly. IKEA! ;) With the Lillången hooks you can use the bin as bin, the paper in pots, and the seat inclined.
In fact, that other Force should make the sliding doors out of these pegboards. I once thought of fixing one of the small boards onto the left door. But then I had to drill some holes,... :Grin
Careful, your Cali will start to look like a tea bag!

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
... in the meantime, while cruising through sunny Spain, I often got disturbed by not being able to see the GPS info (glare, reflexion, finger traces). So I made me this sunscreen on the spot, made out of one of my plastic folders. Can be inclined as much as needed, while radio button still stays accessible.
View attachment 36104
Master stroke. Can I have some more information on how to make please?

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Master stroke. Can I have some more information on how to make please?
Sorry Pete, I was out of orbit for a while.
Just take one of these plastic A3 folders, cut one sleeve in half, and slide it in between the small gap. You can push it in, or incline it as you wish since that gap is quite deep. Done in 2 minutes. It's damp proof, and the borders can take some bumps.
pagna-folder-a3-with-elastic-fastener-pp-black.jpg

gt_63

gt_63

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Amazing - how long has this taken you to complete?? Just to type it up must have taken long enough :thumb

btw - where did you get the map........
  1. DIY table print (high definition European roadmap, for whiteboard markers; post 48)

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Amazing - how long has this taken you to complete?? Just to type it up must have taken long enough :thumb

btw - where did you get the map........
  1. DIY table print (high definition European roadmap, for whiteboard markers; post 48)
Hello
What post were you replying too? i would like to see this map.

Thank you

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello
What post were you replying too? i would like to see this map.

Thank you
Post 48 as mentioned?

After checking it is Post 69.

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Here you are:

100064-01.jpg

I removed the non-relevant info, blew-up Belgium, and added Europa, our beloved goddess ;)
Then ordered a self-adhesive photo print (with protective lamination) from the file since I wanted to keep the high resolution of the map (not possible via the vinyl printing services). I need a magnifying glass to discover the villages (post 48). The map on the picknick table (post 69) is a laminated roadmap of Belgium (with scenic roads legend), bought in a specialized travel bookshop.
The numbers of the post you find on top of each post.

Last edited:
Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Here you are:

View attachment 52433

I removed the non-relevant info, blew-up Belgium, and added Europa, our commonly beloved goddess ;)
Then ordered a self-adhesive photo print (with protective lamination) from the file since I wanted to keep the high resolution of the map (not possible via the vinyl printing services). I need a magnifying glass to discover the villages (post 48). The map on the picknick table (post 69) is a laminated roadmap of Belgium (with scenic roads legend), bought in a specialized travel bookshop.
Many thanks for the map and the Post info.

What size ridge monkey do you have?

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Here you are:

View attachment 52433

I removed the non-relevant info, blew-up Belgium, and added Europa, our commonly beloved goddess ;)
Many thanks for the map and the Post info.
Neat positions of the fire extinguisher and blanket. Will steal that idea.
Me too.

Bellesca

Bellesca

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
This thread is inspiring...love the ideas.
Many thanks

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I enlarged my office/kitchen installation with some, yes, Ikea! :embarrased
Reused my favorite Lillången hooks, opened again a bottle for its plastic cork, and spent another smashing...8€! (Sunnersta series).

View attachment 37720 View attachment 37864

It takes some 30 seconds to mount/dismount and store it all in the small bench drawer.
Where did you get the little white shelf etc? Do you have a link, name etc for them?

Thank you.

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Where did you get the little white shelf etc? Do you have a link, name etc for them?

Thank you.
You just copied the answer to your question in your reply. Ikea Sunnersta. 8€ for the whole set
The RidgeMonkey is the large Connect Combi Set (with removable handles).